Author Topic: I could have commuted in today but...  (Read 67656 times)

Re: I could have commuted in today but...
« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2019, 08:42:13 am »
40 knot winds and 91% rain forecast for my ride home. Erm... not today.  :(

« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2019, 08:27:40 pm »
Same here gales n' rain, but traffic was bad going home & it took twice as long in the car, as bike normally does.
Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.  EOW.

« Reply #577 on: December 11, 2019, 11:56:46 am »
Really grim last night, made  worse by the twunt that overtook at speed as I went through the flood under the bridge  >:(

Edit: oops wrong thread

« Reply #578 on: January 07, 2020, 08:02:51 am »
I paid too much attention to the forecast last night and before going to bed last night I'd pretty much decided I was taking the car today.  The rain wasnt that bad this morning.

« Reply #579 on: January 16, 2020, 12:34:15 pm »
I'm sick of the wind and rain. Twice i was nearly blown off the bike yesterday. The car has been used today without any guilt.
Mind of a cyclist, body of a dart player.

« Reply #580 on: January 16, 2020, 01:17:47 pm »
I'm sick of the wind and rain. Twice i was nearly blown off the bike yesterday. The car has been used today without any guilt.

It does get to you after a bit.
This is my first week of being on the on-call rota and I dont want to get called when I'm piss wet through on the canal path into a headwind. So I've taken the car all week. Felt a bit of guilt this morning.  If it rains tonight I'll get over it.

« Reply #581 on: January 18, 2020, 03:01:49 pm »
........... since being made redundant in 2017 and setting up my own business, I either work from home or am away for days at a time on clients sites = Ickle Car + hotel stay or Biggie Van + kip in the van for the week.

(Although when I did cycle commute, being in South Wales, rain/wind was common (normal) and I got used to getting wet. A ride home without a headwind was something to celebrate!)

GC