Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3064730 times)

Ruthie

• Her Majester
Yeah, I know, right?   :o
Milk please, no sugar.

You may not have wanted to know that Boker sell direct and normally have some excellent reductions

https://www.boker.de/us/closeouts-pocket-knife.html

You may not have wanted to know that Boker sell direct and normally have some excellent reductions

https://www.boker.de/us/closeouts-pocket-knife.html
Yebbut if you buy from that site you will have to pay VAT on the import, plus customs charges and also face possible confiscation of your pocket knife.

Buy from Heinnies direct.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
As we all thought, the pushy Americans' emails to my landlady and the Holiday Let landlady across the road were scams:

Hi Helen

The reservation was a scam. I have a call with the fewo-direct.de and ask them if they know such reservation mails. It's always the same experiment to get money.

So thank you for your answer and your words!

Silke
I have now asked her to also email the other Ferienwohnung place around the corner as it's a complicated issue and my German would struggle with it (and their English is very basic). Don't want them being caught out either.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

From Kim{

...the usual commuter-level[1] lights ...

[1] By which I mean the YACF definition of 'obnoxious and redundant', rather than the general population's 'poundshop-quality with a flat battery'.
;D

Made me think of Mrs B, with her anonymous Chinese claimed-to-emit-1000-lumens retina-burner alongside a mere 350-400 lumen Magicshine light. "Obnoxious & redundant"? You bet!   :thumbsup:
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

T42

• Apprentice geezer
One of the solutions to the asinine Trib crossword today was "CRAP".
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
Why the bloody hell am I on the Heinnie Haynes mailing list?

Was I that drunk  ???

Ogod what did I buy  ???

It is a fav shop....

Oh that's why these  over trousers were at the back of the gear cupboard...

The arse & crotch areas are split wide open...

Apologies to anyone on the campsite who caught an eyeful.... :-[
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

The scheduler at work is playing games. I've had a really tough week this week. Next week I have a piece of piss sets of tasks and a 5-day weekend. Shouldn't grumble, I spose...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

You know those sellers on eBay that have a bewildering range of stuff? how about http://stores.ebay.co.uk/savechannel

(you have to carry on, at least to the unicycle, if not the lab power supply, violin or cat scratcher post, you might not get as far as the Land Rover timing tool or the skeleton)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Plucky Little Belgium again!

They wanted to mint a commemorative E2 coin for the 200th anniversary of Waterloo, but the French vetoed it, so they used a loophole allowing any EZ nation to mint its own coins in non-standard denominations. Now there's a E2.5 coin for the end of Napoleon!
http://www.theguardian.com/business/shortcuts/2015/jun/10/euro-coin-row-france-wins-the-battle-belgium-wins-the-war

It would be worth joining the Euro so we could mint special coins for Agincourt, Crécy, the Armada!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I just happened upon a pair of US/Chilean cycle tourists, Jack & Alyssia, in Southend! They were heading for Maldon. I furnished them with 1:50000 OS maps and some written notes to help them escape from the Southend Peninsula via Stambridge Mills and Doggetts Farm.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
I saw The Doctor twice this morning.

Not for anything medical you understand.    I didn't see any Daleks or Cybermen.  ;D

(I could have used a TARDIS to get around my building while they were filming)
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

A sort of question....  Has the sun ever been known to shine on Ribblehead viaduct?  Today was my third visit to it, and miraculously the weather performed as usual, and the sun disappeared, and all was wet and windy and dull.  I'm beginning to think that it has the same curse as Beddgelert, in that it pisses down with rain whenever I get anywhere near it.

Please will someone reassure me that the sun has been seen in that part of Yorkshire?  Note necessarily in this century, just any recorded occurrence will do...

Just for you, Wombat :)

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=48852.msg1875428#msg1875428

Mrs B & I are just out of shot, to the right.
http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/3032206
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I just accidentally clicked on the "Tune association" thread. More than 400 pages of drivel have been generated since the previous occasion I accidentally clicked on it.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
I just accidentally clicked on the "Tune association" thread. More than 400 pages of drivel have been generated since the previous occasion I accidentally clicked on it.
You're a miserable bugger sometimes.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Tune Association is not for me.
I read other threads.

Cudzoziemiec

It's not for me either, but it seems a bit harsh to call it "drivel" when it is harmless fun. It's not supposed to be great literature or deep philosophy!

Ruthie

• Her Majester
It's just a daft game like you'd play with the kids in the car, only written down.   :(
Milk please, no sugar.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Each to their own. I've seen POBI described in similar terms :P
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
Mornington Crescent! Oh. Sorry. Wrong game. :)
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Tune Association is not for me.
I read other threads.
+1

Each to their own. I've seen POBI described in similar terms :P

;D
@SandyV1 on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/SandyV1

Cudzoziemiec

If you're a Western European travelling in a country where that makes you consipicuous and conspicuously rich, you might want to take precautions against pickpockets. Whether you'll want to go to the lengths (or depths?) Dervla Murphy did in Russia in 2004 is not for me to say.
I transferred most of my cash from money-belt to shoes and prepared one $50 bill to be inserted next morning in the ultimate hiding place – reflecting as I did so that in this context the female anatomy is more convenient than the male, the vagina being in less frequent use than the anus.

Two pages later she is robbed at gun point by, she thinks, an off-duty policeman. She is left with $50.