Author Topic: The Archers  (Read 36266 times)

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
The Archers
« Reply #275 on: April 24, 2019, 06:45:19 pm »
Ted Kelsey, who played Joe Grundy, has died

Oh no! That’s sad. But hardly surprising.

Peggy and Jill are probably the last of that generation left.

Re: The Archers
« Reply #276 on: April 24, 2019, 11:16:52 pm »
Ancient actor dies on the job.  You could almost make a soap out of it. 

*see also Ian Cognito.

« Reply #277 on: April 25, 2019, 12:02:49 pm »
The death on stage of Ian Cognito was bizarre to say the least.

Wasn't Joe Grundy the inheritor of the role of quaint village buffoon, last inhabited by Walter Gabriel, me 'ol pals, me 'ol beauties? Does anyone get near that role now, Linda Snell? Jazzer?

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
« Reply #278 on: April 25, 2019, 12:09:13 pm »
Bert Fry?

« Reply #279 on: April 25, 2019, 12:18:57 pm »
Oh yes, I had forgotten him. I wonder why, as his poetry is unparalleled.

« Reply #280 on: April 25, 2019, 12:23:31 pm »
Peggy and Jill are probably the last of that generation left.

Bert Fry?

Him too (unless your first question was statement was about the clan, and those married into it).

citoyen

• Cat 6 Racer
« Reply #281 on: April 25, 2019, 12:25:39 pm »
Him too (unless your first question was statement was about the clan, and those married into it).

No, I'd just forgotten Bert (and his incredible poetry).

« Reply #282 on: April 30, 2019, 09:13:32 am »
Omnibus listener here,

Curious as to how they will write him out. My bet is Clarry-love calling up the stairs "Jaaaoooeee? Jaaaaoooeee? Yer breakfast is going cold. *Creak of opening door* *Gasp* OH JAAOOEEEE!"

I'm expecting a stirring, cider-pun filled, eulogy from the Prof.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #283 on: April 30, 2019, 09:19:41 am »
Omnibus listener here,

Curious as to how they will write him out. My bet is Clarry-love calling up the stairs "Jaaaoooeee? Jaaaaoooeee? Yer breakfast is going cold. *Creak of opening door* *Gasp* OH JAAOOEEEE!"

I think he'll elope to New Zealand with Linda Snell.
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

« Reply #284 on: April 30, 2019, 09:24:38 am »
Omnibus listener here,

I think he'll elope to New Zealand with Linda Snell.

He could just lose his voice.

« Reply #285 on: April 30, 2019, 09:26:06 am »
Horrible crash when one of Josh Archer's dodgy second hand tractors suffers brake failure and mows down Joe and Bartleby. Joe bleeds out with the shaft of his trap piercing his chest whilst cradling Bartleby's head. Alistair has to shoot the mortally wounded horse at the scene. Josh does a runner to Spain, and Ruth commits suicide due to the immense disappointment over her sons actions and David starts drinking and Kenton has to take over the farm which he promptly runs into the ground.

I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #287 on: April 30, 2019, 06:25:34 pm »
Horrible crash when one of Josh Archer's dodgy second hand tractors suffers brake failure and mows down Joe and Bartleby. Joe bleeds out with the shaft of his trap piercing his chest whilst cradling Bartleby's head. Alistair has to shoot the mortally wounded horse at the scene. Josh does a runner to Spain, and Ruth commits suicide due to the immense disappointment over her sons actions and David starts drinking and Kenton has to take over the farm which he promptly runs into the ground.
I was just working up a scenario to do with a bolting Bartleby and a ghastly collision with an escaped pig due to lack of fencing maintenance following Jazzer's horribly selfish and peevish resignation, but your version has quite taken the wind out of my sails.