Author Topic: Charlotte and Julian's Brox  (Read 20245 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Charlotte and Julian's Brox
« Reply #75 on: 22 June, 2010, 08:31:39 pm »
And as far as how "you chaps" say it, I'm Brazilian.  If where were to say it my way you wouldn't understand a word of it!   ;D

I think you'd find that at least one active user of the forum can speak Brazilian Portuguese!
It is simpler than it looks.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #76 on: 22 June, 2010, 09:32:19 pm »
I'm sure several forum members have Brazilians.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #77 on: 22 June, 2010, 10:53:09 pm »
Heading towards NSFW again!

VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #78 on: 22 June, 2010, 10:57:20 pm »
I think the photo was probably just an example of what they look like.  Not everyone's familiar with them. 

Don't have a cow, as you chaps say (you do say that, don't you?  Don't disillusion me).  Nobody's coming after your pedicab.  :)

I was just pointing out, just in case.  I have had people use my pics in fake ads, and once even had someone copy my Ebay ad word-per-word.  In this case it doesn't look like a scam, yet one never knows.  But the extremely low price and the fact he didn't use a picture of the actual machines on sale are what raised a red flag for me.

We mostly all know the Hilldodger, and it's not a scam, he runs an enterprise where weird and wonderful machines are de rigeur.  But I can see why you were concerned.

And as far as how "you chaps" say it, I'm Brazilian.  If where were to say it my way you wouldn't understand a word of it!   ;D

Too true.  My Portuguese extends to asking for a beer and saying thank you, that's about it.  ;D

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #79 on: 22 June, 2010, 11:22:56 pm »
In the tradition of Margaret Hilda dare one hope this new steed will be named Zaphod Beeble?

You Sir, are a genius  :D

Zaphod is a splendid, righteous and excellent name for him  :smug:
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Hilldodger

« Reply #80 on: 23 June, 2010, 07:53:30 am »
Sorry for the misunderstanding - being busy I just found some pictures of an AVD to illustrate what they were. Ours are two ex Sainsbury's one in orange.

Cyclemagic is the UK's leading community cycling project amd we could prove ownership of them if need be, but I hope our reputation would be enough.

Cyclemagic.org.uk

Joao_DS

« Reply #81 on: 14 July, 2010, 02:16:28 pm »
(Admin note: link removed because the Flickr guy isn't happy about it)

Errrrr.... I never said I wasn't happy about it.  I was just concerned that someone could be using my pictures to pull a scam.  I saw about 600 hits to that album in my Flickr account, and decided to trace where the links were coming from, which lead me to this forum.  But from reading everyone's responses, its pretty obvious Hilldodger is well known and respected in this group.  It was just a misunderstanding.

« Reply #82 on: 14 July, 2010, 02:23:47 pm »
(Admin note: link removed because the Flickr guy isn't happy about it)

Errrrr.... I never said I wasn't happy about it.  I was just concerned that someone could be using my pictures to pull a scam.  I saw about 600 hits to that album in my Flickr account, and decided to trace where the links were coming from, which lead me to this forum.  But from reading everyone's responses, its pretty obvious Hilldodger is well known and respected in this group.  It was just a misunderstanding.
Glad that's all cleared up :). Welcome to the forum Joao_DS, do stick around and chat. You obviously have some interesting machines 8).
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #83 on: 14 July, 2010, 03:25:59 pm »
Aww I so which I still had mine. Incidently though, yours looks a bit smaller than mine did, do they come in varying sizes? I wonder if rides better as mine was atrocious and horrible :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #84 on: 19 April, 2011, 01:45:36 pm »
Ed - do you have the same brake system as ours?
:
Have you found anything out about the brakes on yours?
Bump.

Magura's (Industrial control division) in the end. Vennhill pp6, #0730233 may be our friend...

Now, how does one fettle SRAM-7 internals; this could be a lot of plingfuckit work ;)
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #85 on: 19 April, 2011, 02:04:18 pm »
*pricks up ears*
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #86 on: 19 April, 2011, 02:06:53 pm »
I hope that's not an anagram.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #87 on: 21 April, 2011, 03:51:50 pm »
I hope that's not an anagram.
Looks more like a euphemism to me. Although it does remind me of the nurse/boil joke.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #88 on: 05 September, 2011, 05:39:42 pm »
Have you found anything out about the brakes on yours?
Slowly. Very slowly.

Gah. Calliper end hydraulic fittings turn out to be the same threading as chainring bolts (M8*0.75 pitch). Can I fook find a reverse bleed fitting(*) of this size - gonna have to tap and bodge a M6 thingy adapter carefully into the chainring bolt, to be able to (re)pressure it.  Thorn's EBB bolts are the right size for closing it off.

(*) WTF's the technical name for a reverse bleed nipple?

Now, how does one fettle SRAM-7 internals; this could be a lot of plingfuckit work ;)
Still to do. I might sidestep this, grab a cassette 130mm disc hub, and make an adapter to fit the rotor boltholes and support the l/h chainring driving the rear diff. May hack the b/bkt off as well and mount a (new) shell on a top/bottom plate clamping arrangement, to allow (additional) length adjustment along the boom, and front changer onna post...

Aroundtuit one day.
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.