Author Topic: You know you're middle aged when  (Read 48061 times)

Re: You know you're middle aged when
« Reply #725 on: May 08, 2018, 04:56:26 pm »
You local heritage railway is running trains of your childhood, not steam

I know distance lends enchantment and all that, but that is a rather handsome livery.

« Reply #726 on: May 08, 2018, 09:56:27 pm »
Nah - that's just the colour of a vehicle that's lovingly hand-washed prior to day's outing, rather than the original 1970s grime colour.

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #727 on: May 16, 2018, 09:21:49 am »
I flew back from Berlin yesterday and the as usual, and while the pilot fidgeted in the cockpit (presumably trying to find the switch that turns the foglights off) the first officer was charged with the usual say goodbye to the deplaning passengers duty. No issues with that, but I swear she didn't look old enough to have passed her driving test.
!nataS pihsroW

Oscar's dad

• Cheers!
« Reply #728 on: May 16, 2018, 09:46:52 am »
I flew back from Berlin yesterday and the as usual, and while the pilot fidgeted in the cockpit (presumably trying to find the switch that turns the foglights off) the first officer was charged with the usual say goodbye to the deplaning passengers duty. No issues with that, but I swear she didn't look old enough to have passed her driving test.

Regrettably, even in 2018, female commercial pilots seem to be in the minority although I gather numbers are increasing  :thumbsup:  I was getting off a plane sometime ago, when female pilots really were rare and a female pilot was doing goodbye duty.  A bloke in front of me couldn't help himself, "Nice parking love!"   ::-)  was offered as he went through the door.  To her credit she just smiled.

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #729 on: May 16, 2018, 09:52:40 am »
I suspect there's some rule about punching passengers no matter how well deserved that punch might be.
!nataS pihsroW

Oscar's dad

• Cheers!
« Reply #730 on: May 16, 2018, 09:55:50 am »
I suspect there's some rule about punching passengers no matter how well deserved that punch might be.

I imagine so. Having dead or unconscious knob head passengers lying in the aisles would impede evacuation of the aircraft in the event of an emergency.