Author Topic: Random audax questions  (Read 198871 times)

Re: Random audax questions
« Reply #1275 on: August 09, 2019, 08:30:31 am »
Sorry about the problem, and thanks for reporting it. Please send your file as an attachment to an email to the Organiser.

The Repository space has been increased, but the demands on it have apparently increased faster.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #1276 on: August 09, 2019, 09:29:03 am »
Done, thanks for the info.
2017 - R500 ✅ | 2018 - R1000 ✅ | 2019 - ?

« Reply #1277 on: August 13, 2019, 11:31:38 am »
Dont know if I should ask here or elsewhere.

Because I've been a member for long enough, I'm guaranteed for entry on LEL 2021. Do I need to enter at the end OF August for one of the 500 guaranteed places, or is this something else? I checked the FAQ but wasn't sure and obviously don't want to miss out.

(if there is a better place to post LEL related questions tell me and I'll go be a bother elsewhere!)

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #1278 on: August 13, 2019, 01:02:04 pm »
The New LEL website topic is probably most appropriate, and Alwyn keeps an eye on that one.

I'm in a similar position and I have interpreted the FAQ as telling me to sit back and relax for now, then get priority boarding / a guaranteed place when the registration opens in 2021.

« Reply #1279 on: August 13, 2019, 01:38:41 pm »
Do nothing until proper entry opens in January 2021. Your place is guaranteed until then.

The August entry is just to get some money in the bank from the especially keen.

« Reply #1280 on: August 13, 2019, 01:47:03 pm »
Do nothing until proper entry opens in January 2021. Your place is guaranteed until then.

The August entry is just to get some money in the bank from the especially keen.
Smashing.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #1281 on: August 13, 2019, 05:27:24 pm »

It's only guaranteed if you renew your AUK membership before Jan 1st 2020 and again before Jan 1st 2021 (unless of course you have a 5 years membership covering that time frame ... Anyone not renewing in time will be removed from the guaranteed list.

I am hoping we will be able to announce an option to pay your membership by direct debit soon - switching to that will be ideal for anyone not wanting their membership to lapse.

« Reply #1282 on: August 13, 2019, 10:04:49 pm »

It's only guaranteed if you renew your AUK membership before Jan 1st 2020 and again before Jan 1st 2021 (unless of course you have a 5 years membership covering that time frame ... Anyone not renewing in time will be removed from the guaranteed list.

I am hoping we will be able to announce an option to pay your membership by direct debit soon - switching to that will be ideal for anyone not wanting their membership to lapse.
Direct debit would be preferable, it is the sort of thing I'd forget to do. (renew)

But happily, LEL or not, I hadn't planned on purposefully lapsing my membership.

« Reply #1283 on: August 14, 2019, 06:20:41 pm »
I've had the same question and checked with the membership secretary and i qualify. I also have a 5 year membership which takes me to past LEL 2021. I would recommend doing the same if you're in a position to do so. Gives you peace of mind for that side of things anyway. I also asked the question around when to enter and was told that i should sit tight until Jan 2021 when the Audax UK guaranteed places are released. if in doubt, then ask on the LEL facebook page, answers are usually fairly quick on there.

Direct debit would be preferable, it is the sort of thing I'd forget to do. (renew)

But happily, LEL or not, I hadn't planned on purposefully lapsing my membership.