Author Topic: The cricket...  (Read 262498 times)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: The cricket...
« Reply #900 on: 20 February, 2015, 07:09:28 am »
Up at 5:50am for another reason.

It seems I missed the cricket. It only started at 1:00. It wasn't a 20:20 match  :-\
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #901 on: 23 February, 2015, 12:27:38 pm »
so england find a team they can beat at last!! no offence but ffs scotland!! we really would be in the shit if we had lost, but look at the figures after the great and wise bearded one had gone, the rest only managed 130, nothing to be proud of, and scotland managed to last 40 overs doesn't say much about our bowling. at this rate peterson will be back in the squad, after all he's got his feet under the table with the beeb,
IMHO bloody dismal, if we get any further in this tournament it's fixed..

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #902 on: 23 February, 2015, 01:09:18 pm »
but look at the figures after the great and wise bearded one had gone

Quite.  It's been more than six years since Bill Frindall died.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #903 on: 24 February, 2015, 12:53:11 pm »

IMHO bloody dismal, if we get any further in this tournament it's fixed..

Unfortunately with two pools of seven teams and the top four from each getting to the quarter final it's got to go really really horribly wrong for England to not get to the QFs as the reality is that Bangladesh, Scotland and Afghanistan are really not likely to progress.

So, it might as well be fixed and the three minnows in each pool not bother turning up. Having said that the fourth place in pool B is likely to be a closer contest.

England getting to the QFs would unfortunately consider that progress. Not getting through might really make them take a good look at themselves.
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #904 on: 24 February, 2015, 01:02:21 pm »

So, it might as well be fixed and the three minnows in each pool not bother turning up. Having said that the fourth place in pool B is likely to be a closer contest.
I think that's a bit harsh on the organisers. The minnows have to beat a "non-minnow" to progress - same as in most formats! (If they had a "minnows-only" group, then winning it would be meaningless).

It reflects reality - England are better than the minnows, but are currently being outplayed by the Big Fish. (if they lose to a minnow, you can quote me on this :) )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #905 on: 26 February, 2015, 05:48:59 am »
Two minnows in a knife edge match just now.

Come on Scotland!

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #906 on: 26 February, 2015, 06:07:25 am »
Oh well.

« Reply #907 on: 26 February, 2015, 08:24:39 am »
Not looking good for England, another minnow.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #908 on: 26 February, 2015, 01:08:01 pm »
Brown trout?

« Reply #909 on: 01 March, 2015, 08:28:05 am »
No way.  Joe Root with a ton - decent total.  How did England manage to lose that by 9 wickets?
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #910 on: 01 March, 2015, 12:13:43 pm »
well I think Scotland must be feeling really fed up being the only team to have lost to England so far, I imagine Bangladesh and Afghanistan can't wait to get stuck in to England I wonder what the odds are on England losing their next two games, and how long before petersons back in the one day squad ??

« Reply #911 on: 01 March, 2015, 12:51:36 pm »
I'll answer my question, Paddy Power are giving odds of 200/1 for England coming bottom of their group but only 14/1 to come 6th, going by that they expect them to lose one more game ? I might put a fiver on the 200/1 and even a fiver at 14/1 would be nice ;)

« Reply #912 on: 08 March, 2015, 11:23:27 pm »
Graeme Swann talks bollocks, that's all,

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #913 on: 09 March, 2015, 11:25:22 am »
A load of sixes from Broad and we'll be fine.

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #914 on: 09 March, 2015, 11:42:48 am »
Now England and Wales fans can enjoy the World Cup.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #915 on: 09 March, 2015, 12:38:39 pm »
Wot a  shocking sho by m.c.c most deplorable a lot of rabits ect. ect.

« Reply #916 on: 09 March, 2015, 01:05:20 pm »
told you so, bugger I knew I should of put that bet on, one thing you can guarantee about england cricket, when it's bad it's bloody dire, thank god I'm half Irish, 

« Reply #917 on: 09 March, 2015, 08:59:37 pm »
So is Ed Joyce; the other half's English - and Eoin Morgan.....?

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #918 on: 09 March, 2015, 09:22:31 pm »

« Reply #919 on: 13 March, 2015, 01:03:19 pm »
whoop de doo we beat Afghanistan, I bet the england players are really proud of that one, and will take away the positives learnt from that match, or some such BS.   

« Reply #920 on: 13 March, 2015, 02:33:40 pm »
What infuriates me (the results do not, as they are only to be expected, on average, from a country where extended practice is limited by our having the worst cricketing conditions of all the test teams - by miles) is the media speak perpetrated by the captain Eoin Morgan, surely the only batsman in history to have a negative batting average.  He has "no regrets" over England's performance.  No regrets?  Some of the greatest exponents of our language are and were Irish.  Morgan doesn't even understand the basics, of language or cricket.  I suspect he would do well to consult Molesworth's dicker before talking to the press again - after his removal from his post.  Silly boy.

« Reply #921 on: 14 March, 2015, 06:10:03 pm »
so the wheels are already in motion for Pietersen's return to the england team, his IPL team coach has ok'd his release from the Sunrisers Hyderabad and surrey are one of the counties interested in signing him up, I wonder what the odds are on him making the squad for the next ashes series, despite not liking the bloke he can at least get runs even if somewhat unpredictably. whats next another recall for Gatting??

Steve GT

• Crediamo in te, bici!
« Reply #922 on: 18 March, 2015, 10:26:13 am »
One monkey comprehensively removed from back. :smug:

« Reply #923 on: 19 March, 2015, 07:12:40 pm »
well things are warming up now, a couple of days ago James Whitaker, england team selector announces that dear old KP is not part of the england set up, now today according to BBC Cricket, Colin Graves soon to be chairman of ECB has spoken to or is about to speak to KP  would this be to tell him to sod orf or tell him what is expected of him to get his feet back under the table ??

Jaded

• The Codfather
« Reply #924 on: 24 March, 2015, 10:00:34 am »
Just watched the last fifteen overs of the SA NZ semifinal. Nail biting!