Author Topic: Shacking-up and garage warming party - Weds 16th July (meet 7pm Spankers Hill)  (Read 37783 times)

Julian

• samoture
I have done nipple-casting in the past, but not with dental alginate...

Otto

Doesn't it get awfully hot as it starts to set?

pleasantly warming I should imagine

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
I also was going to bring some big meaty bits. Is that going to be a problem?

...only if you don't bring a disposable barbie to cook them on  :D

H'okey. It was PGTips who nagged me into going shopping for meaty stuff on the way back from kite flying. Although as the captain I have to take responsibility for overtaking the SL500 en route, so I obviously wasn't thinking straight.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
There will be Quorn burgers and Much Halloumi, but I suspect that omnivorous guests will have much to thank you for  :)
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Ooh I do like a nice Quorn burger. And halloumi. I liked those halloumi kebab things wot Liz made at the Zombocalypse.

And I have procured cake. And juice, boringly, because attempting to cycle my way home when I don't know the way, in a slightly pissed fashion, would be suicidal.

Nom nom nom...

clarion

• Tyke
Hallll - oo - oo - oo - oumiiiiii!!!! :D
Getting there...

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
I liked those halloumi kebab things wot Liz made at the Zombocalypse.

She's doing them again.  We thought - why mess with perfection?

:D

Julian

• samoture
Along with a big stack of potato salad.  :D

*hungry already*

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
With all the talk of braised cheese products this afternoon I am this:  Non PC clicky

I liked those halloumi kebab things wot Liz made at the Zombocalypse.

She's doing them again.  We thought - why mess with perfection?

:D

That is the response I was hoping for   :thumbsup:

Julian

• samoture
And this time I made them in a kitchen and not in the pitch dark balancing a mess tin on my knees, so they'll even hold together.  :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
That's cheatin', that is...
Getting there...

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
That all sounds  great, I'm sorry I won't be there.  Have a great time all...

I've got homework to do but I'll come along to Spankers Hill and say hello/congratulations.

[EDIT]

I went and said hello/congratulations. I then said goodbye as they went off to eat lovely food and drink beer and I came back home to wrestle with my Graphs, Networks and Design CMA. Beer or degree? Do I really care how many errors a Reed-Muller code of length 5 can correct? (The answer, I hope, is 7).

Anyway, hope it all went swimmingly.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

I had a lovely evening, thanks Charlotte and Liz. The Garage Of Bikes is truly a sight to behold and really is bigger than my studio flat. Much halloumi and veggie sausages were consumed, as well as much cake. And The Hat made an appearance after all. Not sure how late into the night the festivities continued but some of us wended our way around 11pm and I was home by midnight.

Ta to Zipperhead and PG Tips for leading the Sarf London contingent home; it would have taken me a hell of a lot longer on my own as I didn't have a clue where I was going most of the time.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Ooh, my 'ead......    :-X

Thanks to Charlotte and Liz for a lovely evening in the country!  I do envy you the garage - I doubt whether Westminster would allow such a thing.

And congratulations to Liz on her new pressie/purchase.  It looks very fine indeed.  However, the sight of so many stabled fine steeds has given me the credit card itch...

I finally got home about 1.00 a.m.  I got to ealing Broadway to find no tubes running for some reason, so it was a mainline train to Paddington and then a bus to Victoria.

Mr R was still (almost) awake when I got back.  I told him of the loveliness of the garage and its contents - and he threatened to cut up my bank cards.  :'(

I just hope that a certain photo doesn't make its way onto t'interweb...  :-[
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

clarion

• Tyke
I have deep garage envy now.  Butterfly was planning a loft conversion so we could live above the bikes & camping kit etc.

Just need to get such a garage now *sigh*

In the meantime, thanks to Liz & Charlotte for a lovely do, and to everyone who was there for the great company, and to the Sarf London contingent for a lovely nighttime swoop through the darkness (wish I'd found the EL-500s instead of relying on the EL-135s, now).

Enjoyed it greatly.  Must do it again sometime.
Getting there...

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Oh, it will 
I just hope that a certain photo doesn't make its way onto t'interweb...  :-[

Oh, it will   ;D

Thank you to everyone who came.  Thanks in particular to those who came and who bought lovely cake and things to drink  :)

I had a jolly good evening in some fine company and got to eat cheese.  These are all splendid things.

Regulator, darling - you left your hat.

I'm tempted to do a variety of awful things with it and post pictures...  :demon:

clarion

• Tyke
Hallll - oo - oo - oo - oumiiiiii!!!! :D

Indeed :thumbsup:
Getting there...

Regulator

Perhaps you could bring it with you on Friday, if you are doing the FNRttC.  I could collect it then.

It deserves an outing to Brighton.   ;D

Green Party Councillor

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Liz and I were thinking of taking it to Ikea and photographing ourselves with it and a Billy bookcase  :D

Regulator

Liz and I were thinking of taking it to Ikea and photographing ourselves with it and a Billy bookcase  :D

Go for it!   :thumbsup:

Green Party Councillor

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
After that, we're planning on an outing to the Cats' Protection League, so we can photograph each other wearing it whilst looking at rescue kittens...

Gutted I couldn't make it.  Got more bookings last night.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Regulator

After that, we're planning on an outing to the Cats' Protection League, so we can photograph each other wearing it whilst looking at rescue kittens...

Ah well... Brighton will have to be deprived of a visit from The HatTM for a little longer...  ;D

Green Party Councillor