Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 596712 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #2125 on: 16 August, 2012, 06:27:11 pm »
Not so much a spot, more of an ID question.  Last Friday while loitering at Hyde Park Corner waiting for the speedy FNRTTC to kick off, a female cyclist went past.Long dark hair and glasses I think. She said something like "have a nice ride to the coast" so knew what we were doing.  If pressed I'd say she looked like Peli, except the hair colour was wrong and Peli is in forn parts.

Who was that (un)masked woman?
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #2126 on: 17 August, 2012, 05:22:47 pm »
Phantas, but she blanked me - possibly because neither of us were en velo.

Has she met you?

Pub run to Beningbrough a couple of weeks ago? (I've met Mr B on rides before that, though).

That'll explain it :D

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2127 on: 19 August, 2012, 09:52:43 am »
Gattopardo, Clarion and Butterfly all in That LonDon Village.  Much coffee and tea consumption!

« Reply #2128 on: 21 August, 2012, 05:13:19 pm »
Charlotte and Julian at Spoonfest (a spoon carving weekend, referenced in The Pub). Charlotte helped E Minor with a few things that are beyond me; I am very grateful.

« Reply #2129 on: 21 August, 2012, 07:32:44 pm »
My apologies, you did tell me your forum name, but I couldn't hear you.

YACF Jersey wearer at Cams Hall this morning in fareham

« Reply #2130 on: 21 August, 2012, 10:08:04 pm »
CrinklyLion, crossing a road on foot as my colleague and I returned to base in Beryl the electric truck. We were mid-comedy-scream, because it's a very wide junction and Beryl is very slow, and the light went amber just as we crossed the line, a situation which often means we're still crossing when the cross traffic starts off.....
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #2131 on: 21 August, 2012, 10:14:08 pm »
Beryl did look like she was being mostly propelled by sheer force of will at that point!  Mind, the bus behind you clearly thought there was plenty of time....

« Reply #2132 on: 21 August, 2012, 10:34:27 pm »
Beryl did look like she was being mostly propelled by sheer force of will at that point!  Mind, the bus behind you clearly thought there was plenty of time....

Yes, I spotted he'd followed me through!

Usually coming to that junction I'll slow if I think it's about to change, so as to be head of the queue next time. Today it just steadfastly stayed green until just as we passed through....

It was much, much worse before we got the new battery set.

We often scream through that junction, whichever direction we're going in.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2133 on: 24 August, 2012, 07:38:36 pm »
LG, in our back garden, this morning.

No she hasn't taken up stalking us, well at least I don't think she has.  She was here to a) have a girly night last night (including nail painting, glitter tattos and lots of wine drinking for the adults) and b) to go out for a bike ride with TLD and Mrs T today, whereupon they went to a new (to us) farm shop and cafe (which is open on a Thursday evening for fish and chips, so a plan is being hatched) and then onto Roots.  I met them at Roots and ferried TLD back home in the car, Mrs T and LG riding back.  Total distance for the adults was 21 miles and for TLD 10 miles.

The longest Mrs T has ever ridden! \o/ she doesn't hate her bike after it either and is already talking of when she can do it again :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2134 on: 26 August, 2012, 06:42:14 pm »
Deano,now in my lounge :thumbsup:

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2135 on: 27 August, 2012, 03:45:31 pm »
Deano,now in my lounge :thumbsup:

action replay

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #2136 on: 28 August, 2012, 02:48:12 pm »
Bikey-Mikey in my lounge.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #2137 on: 31 August, 2012, 11:36:30 pm »
I think I just spotted (and was spotted) by Clarion and Butterfly Adam and Rebecca (not of this parish), on Tamworth Lane, near Mitcham Eastfield station.  I was inspecting my GPS and trying to work out exactly which turning to make, when two brightly lit cyclists came around the corner towards and past me, at some speed, in the opposite direction that I was travelling, as I was wondering about traffic and the junction.  Consequently, I didn't really have much chance to see who it was, and just heard a "Hi Tim" from a male and female voice as we passed each other.

Given the location, Clarion and Butterfly are the most likely people, since of the few people who may recognise me in a YACF jersey, they're about the only ones who'd expect to see me around there!
Actually, it is rocket science.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2138 on: 01 September, 2012, 06:20:49 am »
Except we're on an island in Essex!
Getting there...

« Reply #2139 on: 01 September, 2012, 06:41:48 am »
Who did I see in an orange yacf top outside waterloo station at about 23:10 last night. I was just wheeling my fully laden tourer out of the station so there was no way I could catch you.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2140 on: 01 September, 2012, 08:15:26 am »
Who did I see in an orange yacf top outside waterloo station at about 23:10 last night. I was just wheeling my fully laden tourer out of the station so there was no way I could catch you.

I'd guess TimO heading off for a FNRttC.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #2141 on: 01 September, 2012, 09:36:26 am »

Nope, I didn't do the FNRttC last night, and I was wearing a purple YACF top yesterday evening.

So, who did I see near Mitcham Eastifields then .... ? <fx:scratches head>

The male voice didn't sounds particularly Clarionish, but I just attributed that to it being difficult to extract too much information from the phrase "Hi Tim". ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #2142 on: 01 September, 2012, 02:25:33 pm »

My money's on Gerwinium - who did accompany us on last night's FNRttC - decked out in yacf tango  :)

EDIT: I reckon the height quotient between the two is pretty close with, possibly, Gerwinium being the first of the two to fall prey to altitude sickness....

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2143 on: 01 September, 2012, 05:57:13 pm »
Right direction for gerwinium, too.

On the basis that forumites seen on the FNRttC don't count, I submit wowbagger, who I spotted in the foyer of Euston Station at about 2pm today.

...except he's on an island in Essex, too.  So I put my glasses back on, and discovered it was in fact a woman with *big* white hair (imagine a cross between Joanna Lumley and Spitting Image's Douglas Hurd, and you've got the right sort of idea), into which she had inserted her sunglasses.  A red jacket completed the disguise.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #2144 on: 01 September, 2012, 06:11:16 pm »
(imagine a cross between Joanna Lumley and Spitting Image's Douglas Hurd, and you've got the right sort of idea),

It's that Gurkha Bridge influence. It gets everywhere.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #2145 on: 02 September, 2012, 12:03:18 am »
On the basis that forumites seen on the FNRttC don't count, I submit wowbagger, who I spotted in the foyer of Euston Station at about 2pm today.

...except he's on an island in Essex, too.  So I put my glasses back on, and discovered it was in fact a woman with *big* white hair (imagine a cross between Joanna Lumley and Spitting Image's Douglas Hurd, and you've got the right sort of idea), into which she had inserted her sunglasses.  A red jacket completed the disguise.

Remarkable what a night's lost sleep can do for the eyesight.....

« Reply #2146 on: 02 September, 2012, 06:37:06 am »
Yesterday, a Gordy in the presence of lots of bikes.

Only they were riding around the Velodrome and we were sat.

Those Paralympians bring extra value to awe: a 500m TT at average speed >50kph. With one leg.

« Reply #2147 on: 02 September, 2012, 10:44:34 am »
Saw a rider with orange YACF top, in Greenwich.  I was at the Paul Rhodes bakery inspecting meringues.  Early morning it was - before 9AM.  Not somebody I recognised. 

« Reply #2148 on: 02 September, 2012, 10:46:26 am »
Saw a rider with orange YACF top, in Greenwich.  I was at the Paul Rhodes bakery inspecting meringues.  Early morning it was - before 9AM.  Not somebody I recognised.

Male, tall, short dark hair, black framed glasses?

« Reply #2149 on: 02 September, 2012, 10:47:30 am »

Male, tall, short dark hair, black framed glasses?
Yes