Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 599377 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #475 on: 12 April, 2010, 11:25:22 pm »
TT was that you? It wasn't me, but my tandeming friends Tall Phil and Not So Tall Verna on the train yesterday.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #476 on: 13 April, 2010, 07:49:32 am »
Aunty Charlotte at the real tweed deal cycle ride.  About a 1000 of the sods cycled through, stopped my lesson completely.  LOL!

Soz  :-[
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #477 on: 13 April, 2010, 07:59:32 am »
 ;D  Nah, it was cool really, they all enjoyed watching you lot.    :-*
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #478 on: 13 April, 2010, 09:19:08 am »
TT was that you? It wasn't me, but my tandeming friends Tall Phil and Not So Tall Verna on the train yesterday.

See:

Hopped atrain to get to Horsham (the A264 is a seriously scary road in the dark) and ran firstly into a couple returning from Majorca with their S&S equipped tandem, and then a random lady Bromptonista. The tandemers turned out to be friends of Tim Hall, and the Brommer was into Moultons, and we just nattered bikes and 'bents and trikes and.....
Just nice.

in on the commute today.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #479 on: 13 April, 2010, 09:22:15 am »
Sub-spot - a week ago or so Emily met Adrian on her commute (I had left the house on time and thus didn't)
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #480 on: 13 April, 2010, 07:31:32 pm »
Sub-spot - a week ago or so Emily met Adrian on her commute (I had left the house on time and thus didn't)

And a pleasure it was too.
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #481 on: 15 April, 2010, 09:48:09 am »
Spotted Paul Smith.  To be fair, he was behind the counter at Corridori, so not too difficult to work out ;D

Getting there...

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
« Reply #482 on: 15 April, 2010, 09:49:35 am »
Well, I'll never gonna be spotted.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #483 on: 17 April, 2010, 10:44:35 pm »
I saw Wendy today (although he was too busy working hard to notice me).

I didn't think I'd see him in his normal patch as something else was taking up his training ground
(click to show/hide)

Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #484 on: 19 April, 2010, 10:26:29 am »
Saw three forumists riding up the Wylye valley on Saturday. I was in the yellow top and accompanied by a cad on a fixed headed Salisbury-wards. Good to see you, whoever you were.

border-rider

« Reply #485 on: 19 April, 2010, 10:29:16 am »

« Reply #486 on: 19 April, 2010, 10:30:53 am »
I saw Wendy today (although he was too busy working hard to notice me).

I didn't think I'd see him in his normal patch as something else was taking up his training ground

Sorry about that!  Mrs and the minis went on that yesterday, they had a great time.  Can't say I'll be sad to see it go, this week hopefully.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #487 on: 19 April, 2010, 10:35:31 am »

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
« Reply #488 on: 19 April, 2010, 12:14:52 pm »
Yep that was us. I think I remember waving. Was a superb day to be out!
Owner of a languishing Langster

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #489 on: 22 April, 2010, 09:51:45 am »
Yay!  I got spotted this morning.

I was riding from Tooting Bec towards Balham, when I heard a vague shout.  Being a bit deaf, and knowing most shouts are something ignorant, ill-informed and unenlightening from motorists, I was about to ignore it, when I heard a clearer, 'Clarion!'.

Now, I know that a fellow Clarionette would probably shout 'Boots!', so I guessed that this was a forum spot.  I eased off, but the rider wasn't going as fast as I reckoned he normally would.  Puzzled, I slowed right down, and he explained he was guiding a colleague in, as it is Earth Day (Is it?  I didn't know.  Whoops :-[ ).

We exchanged a few words, then I wished him well, and set off again. 

:)
Getting there...

« Reply #490 on: 22 April, 2010, 11:13:28 am »
But who was it??

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #491 on: 22 April, 2010, 11:21:48 am »
I was hoping no one would ask that :-[

I am sooooo rubbish at recognising people.  He rides a Thorn, though.  He probably recognised me from my Clarion jersey and the Clarion CC logo on the top tube, to be fair.
Getting there...

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #492 on: 22 April, 2010, 11:25:37 am »
That would be me! Maybe the lack of tandem meant you didn't recognize me :)

When you belted right past me, if I'd anticipated how much pace you'd end up losing I might not have hollered quite so much. I was just very excited to see that jersey

Today's Earth Day doodle:

(I thought it was Alice in Wonderland day when I first saw it)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #493 on: 22 April, 2010, 11:30:22 am »
Ah.  I'd hazarded a guess it might be you. :D

But I wasn't sure.  Sorry.

I have to say it was terribly exciting to be hailed by a fellow cyclist. :) :thumbsup: :)

And yes,  a Thing2 in close proximity does aid recognition ;D
Getting there...

fuzzy

« Reply #494 on: 25 April, 2010, 10:36:58 pm »
I might have spotted Rogerzilla yesterday.

Roger, were you cycling onto the roundabout where they recently demolished the Polcie Station, hacving descended the slight hill past the Courts at about 3:15 p.m. yetserday?

The rider I saw was on a drop barred bike which looked like it had a hub gear. The rider was in casual clothes and had a grey rucksack/ daypack on his back.

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #495 on: 25 April, 2010, 11:28:52 pm »
Polly Garter (I think) spotted in red YACF jersey on green Bianchi, waiting at traffic lights on Oundle Road/Shrewsbury Avenue at around 6:40pm on Friday night. I was in the car going the other way.
a great mind thinks alike

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #496 on: 26 April, 2010, 09:52:27 am »
On Friday night I thought I spied Greenbank zooming along Kennington Road on his Pinarello.

I cranked the pace up to the max to try and catch him (catching a rider who is carrying a tiny rucksack on a CF bike and giving it some thighs, whilst you are riding The Beast with 2 fully loaded panniers is hard work!)

" *gasp* Are... *gasp* you Greenbank *gasp* from... *gasp* y-a *gasp* c-f *gasp* ?"
"Nah-mate, I'm Neil"

I think I managed to puff some sort of apology for bothering him before I started to see stars and slowed waaaaaaaaay down.

::-) ::-)
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #497 on: 26 April, 2010, 10:40:16 am »
Heh. I have no Pinarello.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #498 on: 26 April, 2010, 11:56:21 am »
I spotted someone last night who may be a member of this forum.

Train Victoria-East Croydon.  Wearing AUK polo shirt, and with a Dahon Vitesse with an AUK sticker on the rear 'guard.

I would have spoken to him if he'd not been so absorbed in his phone (playing a game?).  I was curious (for which read 'jealous') that his Vitesse has an adjustable stem, whereas mine has a lamppost.
Getting there...

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #499 on: 26 April, 2010, 06:52:20 pm »
Somebody going by the name of "Jaded" left a pithy comment on a news story on the MacWorld site this morning...