Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 598460 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #200 on: 01 May, 2009, 03:28:46 pm »
California Dreaming

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #201 on: 01 May, 2009, 04:01:35 pm »
No, not the things, or Charlotte and Liz.

The pilot was a white guy probably in his thirties. Female stoker about the same age or younger. She is quite small and has a darker complexion, possibly Asiatic?

Almost certain I saw the same couple on a Tandem at the Freewheel last year and pilot was wearing an ACF top then. Perhaps they took a different lifeboat?
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

Zoidburg

« Reply #202 on: 01 May, 2009, 04:03:57 pm »
No, not the things, or Charlotte and Liz.

The pilot was a white guy probably in his thirties. Female stoker about the same age or younger. She is quite small and has a darker complexion, possibly Asiatic?

Almost certain I saw the same couple on a Tandem at the Freewheel last year and pilot was wearing an ACF top then. Perhaps they took a different lifeboat?
Sam Walker?

I accept that I have used a forbidden word and shall be stoned forthwith.

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #203 on: 01 May, 2009, 04:19:01 pm »

Sam Walker?

I accept that I have used a forbidden word and shall be stoned forthwith.
[/quote]

No, I  know what he looks like.

Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

Speshact

• Charlie
« Reply #204 on: 01 May, 2009, 04:27:00 pm »
Female forumite? Wearing a  YACF shirt, on touring bike with barbag, 3.15pm Commonside nEast by Mitcham Common

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #205 on: 01 May, 2009, 04:29:19 pm »
I know who that was!  And she's at home now :)

Green Dawes Galaxy, was it?  Festooned with lights? ;D
Getting there...

« Reply #206 on: 01 May, 2009, 05:44:54 pm »
That was me! :D. I didn't see you. At least if I did I didn't realise that it was you that I saw.
*wave*
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Speshact

• Charlie
« Reply #207 on: 01 May, 2009, 11:21:17 pm »
waves back  :thumbsup:

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #208 on: 06 May, 2009, 02:17:21 pm »
I spotted a Her_Welshness over the table from me in the pub last night. :thumbsup:
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #209 on: 06 May, 2009, 02:19:43 pm »
How delightful! :)
Getting there...

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #210 on: 07 May, 2009, 09:49:25 pm »
I thought I saw a YACF Buff at the start of this evening's "10", but I was in the starting lineup and not close enough to see.  The guy wearing it wasn't one of the riders.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #211 on: 08 May, 2009, 02:28:01 pm »
I've just been chatting to Em, I went out for a stroll at lunchtime and she was sitting on a bench round the corner enjoying the sun.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #212 on: 18 May, 2009, 09:18:50 am »
This morning, on my way in past Stockwell, I spotted a tall chap with long hair & a purple yacf jersey, riding a Witcomb fixed.  I introduced myself.  He removed his earphones, and I introduced myself again ;D

It was Darkpoint.  Never met him before.  Nice chap.  We rode together as far as Walworth RAB, where we took different lanes, as we were heading different directions off the E&C. 

He said he was doing a variation on his usual commute, adding a few miles but avoiding Crystal Palace (v. wise on fixed, I'd say).
Getting there...

no97trap

« Reply #213 on: 18 May, 2009, 09:55:35 am »
Sunday morning, Birmingham Snow Hill Station: Ru88el and a handful of his hareem Ladeez wot Cycle.

If I count them and the ones on the tunnel ride last year I think that leaves only another 50+ of his Ladeez I haven't met.

Miles off. I've got over 200 Ladeez wot Cycle now. 100 of them cycled with me into Stratford on Saturday - assisted by Robgul and Dunedin.  ;D

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #214 on: 18 May, 2009, 10:01:56 am »
That's just so cool, Ru88ell.

Getting there...

« Reply #215 on: 18 May, 2009, 10:21:34 am »
Greetings Clarion..

It was indead me..  I heard you the first time, but I was having an out of context error..  why is someone talking to me, so it took me a moment to be soicable.

It was very nice to meet you, and chat on the way in. 
Just someone's butler

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #216 on: 18 May, 2009, 10:25:49 am »
I'd have chatted more, but I'm a bit deaf, so there would have been a lot of 'Eh?' 'What?' and 'Pardon?' from me ;D  Besides, there were loads more riders on the road, so it was a bit tricky.  Good just to ride together :)

Hope to see you again sometime.
Getting there...

« Reply #217 on: 18 May, 2009, 06:14:52 pm »
Pretty sure it was Auntie Helen recumberating into Harwich this afternoon.

I couldn't stop as i was on the opposite carriage way in the car and the old dog  was desparate for a pee in the woods.

n
Mal-odorous,liver-spotted, coffin-dodger.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #218 on: 19 May, 2009, 06:37:50 pm »
Pretty sure it was Auntie Helen recumberating into Harwich this afternoon.
Yep, that was me - see my VERY long post in 'Have you been out today' in Rides & Touring as to why I was in Harwich covered in mud.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #219 on: 25 May, 2009, 06:19:57 pm »
Mercury Kev and Mrs MK, cruising round town on their Bromptons, looking like an advert for Cool Urban Riding.

Though I suspect you're not meant to cycle down Rose Street  :P

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #220 on: 25 May, 2009, 06:22:50 pm »
It was either MercuryKev who said hello to me this lunchtime or I've pulled in Bingham.  :o  ;D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #221 on: 25 May, 2009, 07:29:51 pm »
BentMikey flying along here on Saturday morning about 9:50am.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #222 on: 25 May, 2009, 09:05:01 pm »
It was either MercuryKev who said hello to me this lunchtime or I've pulled in Bingham.  :o  ;D
Mercury Kev and Mrs MK, cruising round town on their Bromptons, looking like an advert for Cool Urban Riding.

Though I suspect you're not meant to cycle down Rose Street  :P

Kirst, that was me - I wasn't sure that you'd recognised me.  Carolyn and I had a lovely day out on the Bromptons.  I admit that some Rose St cycling may have occurred, but in my defence I was disoriented by all the tramworks.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #223 on: 25 May, 2009, 09:17:22 pm »
I twigged after you'd passed me. It was hard to tell cos you had your sunnies on. I didn't have the bike today because of a variety of long boring reasons which ultimately didn't happen so I was wishing I was on the bike instead of walking, but mainly I was wishing I wasn't working!
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
« Reply #224 on: 25 May, 2009, 09:25:26 pm »
I twigged after you'd passed me. It was hard to tell cos you had your sunnies on. I didn't have the bike today because of a variety of long boring reasons which ultimately didn't happen so I was wishing I was on the bike instead of walking, but mainly I was wishing I wasn't working!

Well you looked like you were having a nice walk.  Isn't Bingham lovely in the sun.