Author Topic: Television tonight: what's worth watching?  (Read 163012 times)

fuzzy (retd.) AAGE

• SWMBO's Toy Boy.
  • Apprentice Leathery Old Git
    • The Secret Cyclist blog
Re: Television tonight: what's worth watching?
« Reply #1775 on: July 26, 2020, 11:33:48 pm »
Mrs F has recently gained access to More4. As a result, she is watching lots of Walter Presents stuff.
There are some cracking dramas on there.
Quote from: tatanab
The mark of a true cyclist - prepared to try anything on offer

If it ain't bad for you it ain't worth doing

fd3

« Reply #1776 on: July 26, 2020, 11:46:55 pm »
^ I enjoyed "Spin" and a number of German and Skandi shows. There's a lot of "foreign trash" though, so you need to keep an eye out.
[/I could be wrong]

« Reply #1777 on: July 31, 2020, 11:59:17 am »
Mrs L and I are watching Waking The Dead from the beginning, on iPlayer.  How dated do cars from 2000 look?  Makes me feel old...

« Reply #1778 on: July 31, 2020, 12:19:29 pm »
Not tonight, but no doubt on iPlayer if you missed the beginnings Once Upon a Time in Iraq. What an indictment of the invasion. Blistering stuff.
Agreed. Painful to watch at times. Thought-provoking. I'm learning a lot, mostly about the  number of untruths, the level of incompetence, the misjudgements and the missed opportunities by the Americans (I knew it was bad, but...); and the effect all that had on the innocent inhabitants of Iraq. Just what happens when you go to war, I suppose, and haven't thought about what you need to do when you win.

« Reply #1779 on: August 04, 2020, 11:37:16 am »
The Edge on BBC2 on Sunday evening was very good. It covered the arc of the the England test team from one 5-0 disastrous Ashes series to another, having reached No 1in the world in between; roughly Andy Flowers' period as head coach from 2007-2015. It was less about the cricket itself than the effects (good and bad) test cricket and a certain style of management had on the players. And it featured some candid interviews with the likes of KP, Jonathan Trott, Steven Finn, Andrew Strauss and Andy Flower. Also a mix of behind-the-scenes and tv footage, and some original 'arty' shots. The blurb described it as 'funny' but I must have missed those bits unless they were referring to Graeme Swann's arsing around, or Jonathan Trott's OCD. Or maybe it was because Toby Jones was narrating, which was fine, but jarred a bit when things got dark.

« Reply #1780 on: August 05, 2020, 09:53:50 am »
Mrs Legs and I were watching this Grand Designs a few nights ago and were struck by the lack of compliance to Part K of the Building Regulations (38:30 through).

« Reply #1781 on: August 05, 2020, 04:26:45 pm »
The third series of Norsemen (billed as Series 0 since it's a prequel) on Netflix.  Provides some great background to the characters who were introduced in Series 1.  Fantastic scandi comedy and well acted.  Not for the kids though - frequent themes of sex and violence (well, they are Vikings....)