Author Topic: I suppose it had to happen.  (Read 942 times)

I suppose it had to happen.
« on: 12 April, 2012, 03:49:52 pm »
So after sorting out a few rides I've now got "Knee pain" bit odd this one as I'm not sure it's bike induced,
I haven't ridden since last Sunday and a week before that it was a 200, felt ok after the 200, rested for a week then did a fairly flat 80Km ride and felt ok, then Tuesday after the ride, my Knee felt stiff and still does but it's also developed a mild pain on the inside of the knee, no swelling, heat or bruising but not so much a clicking noise more of a clunk also, rubbed some joint stuff in and been wearing a support not much improvement but not any worse. Its more uncomfortable than painful,
but Thought I'd give a physio a go if some one could recommend one close by, well Cardiff, Swansea, Merthyr any one know of a good one, thank you :thumbsup:

Re: I suppose it had to happen.
« Reply #1 on: 18 April, 2012, 11:16:48 am »
In Swansea, there's Ron, who is dutch, rides audaxes and other things works at Singleton outpatients. I don't know if he does private work as he's on the nhs...I will speak to my sister who is a podiatrist and see if she can find out for you...
Good luck! Have you tried Glucosamine tablets?- they calmed my knees down quite quickly but you build up the levels over time... :thumbsup:

Re: I suppose it had to happen.
« Reply #2 on: 18 April, 2012, 05:57:47 pm »
cheers cyclone but I think I have it sorted now, see post "knee pain update"

as it goes I have tried gloucosamine tablets, not sure they work for me, but I have just started taking them again just in case, I'm also using the gel which does seem to work and it does help with the twinges I get in my elbows, I think I'm falling apart here ;D