Author Topic: A random thread for sport things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 49158 times)

Edd

Maybe this will et a thread of its own at some stage, but it appears that Wales have beaten Hungary 2 - 0 in fupbol and have qualified for the European Championships.

Pity that they won't be able to play because of Brexit. ;)
We'll still be part of UEFA. The boundaries are somewhat fuzzy, Israel are also a member! :)

I know. Tongue in cheek. But I wonder how "Football Lads for Democracy" (aka Twattish Thugs) see this?
They wouldn't want to lose their opportunity to go abroad, get drunk and throw chairs around surely?

Just wait till they need a visa to travel to watch a rugby match in France or Italy ...

Particularly if the drunken loutish behaviour at a football match results in record which prevents approval.  :demon:

Yes, and european club matches, next games in three weeks, tickets go on sale in a week, visa takes four...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Isn't there a proposal for some scheme akin to an ESTA for post-Brexit BRITONS to travel to Europe?  I'm sure I remember the Daily Fail frothing at the mouth over it: How very dare those arrogant FOREIGNS charge us to visit their benighted countries, probably with a gratuitous reference to D-Day thrown in.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
I don't follow football especially - not to watch it at any rate - but I do take some interest in the results.

I thought today's match between Newcastle and Man City was noteworthy. If you don't want to know the result, don't click!

(click to show/hide)
Oh, Bach without any doubt. Bach every time for me.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
I'd call it a good result for Liverpool.
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

Wowbagger

• Dez's butler
    • Musings of a Gentleman Cyclist
I understand that the FA were investigating the possibility of playing an England game at Anfield. One of their conditions was that Sun journalists would be at the game. Liverpool FC told them where to go.

Utter respect!

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-refuse-to-reconsider-sun-ban-to-host-england-game
Oh, Bach without any doubt. Bach every time for me.