Author Topic: A random thread for sport things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 45284 times)

T42

• Tea tank
Mayor of the 8e Arrondissement of Paris after the Algerian football team reached the final of the Coupe d'Affrique and their supporters in Paris converged on the Champs Elysées:

"It's not normal to celebrate your team winning with petrol bombs and a chain saw".
I've dusted all those old bottles and set them up straight.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
I don't follow sport but this young lass is amazeballs!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/49152183

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
In the pub, they are watching Liverpool  v Chelsea in something called 'The Super Cup'. (No. I've no idea either)
I've noticed that all three officials are women.  Is that a common thing these days?
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.

The UEFA Super Cup is between the winners of the Champions League and the Europa League. It's been going 44 years in various forms. Prior to the Europa League it was between the winners of the Champions League (ex: European Cup) and the UEFA Cup Winner's Cup (which preceded the Europa League).

It's the first time a female has officiated in the final of a UEFA men's competition.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
So, a sort of European Charity Shield without the Charity.  Or the Shield.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Not that many Europeans, either.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
The mighty Furryboottoon AFC won it recently*.

*FCVO recently.