Author Topic: Your least prolific bicycle  (Read 1994 times)

Pancho

• لَا أَعْبُدُ مَا تَعْبُدُونَ
Re: Your least prolific bicycle
« Reply #25 on: 16 November, 2012, 03:19:13 pm »
Thanks for this thread. I see I don't need to feel shame, after all.

My least used bike is the Tifosi CK7 I bought to reward myself for getting back in the saddle post-prang some nine years ago (really? where did that time go?). I did some commuting, a bit of utility cycling on it, a couple of round the IOWs and an audax or three. The Ridgeback fast hybrid that bit the dust when we were hit by a car driver, by way of comparison, clocked up 100 commuting miles every week for ten years - plus loads of extra-mural riding at weekends.

I'm still not sure why I never really got back into the swing of things. A combination of road-fear and not really liking drop bars, I think. My most used bike these days is my Dahon folder.

If anyone wants to make an offer for a lightly used (by yacf standards) Tifosi, drop me a line.

urban_biker

• " . . .we all ended up here and like lads in the back of a Nova we sort of egged each other on...."
  • Known in the real world as Dave
« Reply #26 on: 16 November, 2012, 03:22:56 pm »
The 2007 Specialized Langster I bought about 3 years ago for £200. Its a superb bike, a bargain in fact, but only a year later I bought a Condor Tempo and since then the Langster has languished.

Owner of a languishing Langster

« Reply #27 on: 16 November, 2012, 03:48:35 pm »
The Pashley postman bike I passed on to Polar Bear. A good idea in principle, but in practise the brakes were atrocious (rod brakes on chrome rims), so I hardly ever used it.

Mind you, my Mezzo folder is sitting there waiting to be used, but the fold is so complicated it may well do so a while longer.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #28 on: 16 November, 2012, 04:27:41 pm »
This last year it's my TT bike.

I've only done one TT, and it was the local Athlete's 10- no TT bikes allowed.

So I don't think I've ridden it at all.

« Reply #29 on: 16 November, 2012, 04:58:02 pm »
At the moment, all of the bikes except the one I ride to work. :(
So, that's a full-suspension MTB (Orange ST4), single speed MTB (Genesis IO), Surly Pacer road bike, Woodrup 631 Track and a Brompton, all languishing.

YACF MTB ride?  I could probably organise one in the Chilterns in Spring.  I might have time to ride bikes then.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #30 on: 16 November, 2012, 05:14:48 pm »
Tifosi CK7 audax style bike.  Not as practical as my old Raleigh Royal tourer for utility, or as good as my Brompton taking on trains, yet not as efficient and fun as my race style bike with no rack and mudguards.  It's the inbetweener bike - the bike I'd sell if forced to sell one of my four bikes, or maybe the bike I'd keep if forced to sell two!
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

Pancho

« Reply #31 on: 16 November, 2012, 05:17:55 pm »
Biggsy - snap!

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #32 on: 16 November, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »
Not an exciting bike, is it?  Good weight and build quality for the low price, but, erm...
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #33 on: 16 November, 2012, 05:31:35 pm »
My PDQ. Took in part exchange for my Bacchetta Giro 20 which I had stopped riding and it hasn't turned a wheel since a few yards of test ride.
I think I have fallen out of love with 'bents  :-[
Never knowingly under caffeinated

« Reply #34 on: 16 November, 2012, 06:07:58 pm »
Mine's my Tifosi too, as it's only done a bit more than 200 miles so far. However I only built it up in October, so it's not had much chance to put the miles in yet...

Pancho

« Reply #35 on: 16 November, 2012, 06:12:42 pm »
Not an exciting bike, is it?  Good low weight and build quality for the low price, but, erm...

I think it's a pretty good long distance bike - I don't think those are supposed to be exciting. Just somewhere to sit and suffer for hour upon hour.