Author Topic: YACF Hampshire Camping Weekend 2013 - Sep 13/14/15 ?  (Read 16103 times)

Re: YACF Hampshire Camping Weekend 2013 - Sep 13/14/15 ?
« Reply #225 on: 15 September, 2013, 08:49:45 pm »
Thank you all for a great weekend.

Good campsite, company, cycling, pubs and cafes. No food poisoning. What more can you ask for ?

As Lee said fog is surprisingly wet. The tent is currently airing while the washing machine is doing overtime.

The weekend is now complete catching up with an immense amount of pro cycling on the telly today.

Hope you all got home safe.

Happy cycling.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #226 on: 15 September, 2013, 10:31:58 pm »
as far as I know no-one got food poisoning.

Hard to be sure without resorting to microbiology, but my guts are misbehaving in a different way from their usual forms of misbehaviour  :facepalm:

Unsure whether to blame the traditional British barbecuing or application of the 5-second rule in a rabbity field.

LEE

« Reply #227 on: 16 September, 2013, 09:56:46 am »
as far as I know no-one got food poisoning.

Hard to be sure without resorting to microbiology, but my guts are misbehaving in a different way from their usual forms of misbehaviour  :facepalm:

Unsure whether to blame the traditional British barbecuing or application of the 5-second rule in a rabbity field.

Could be that weird upside-down bike you ride

Are you sure you read the instructions correctly?

Also note AndrewC performing admirable Wowbagger stand-in duties...right down to the green Thorn Rohloff and Tilley hat.

Next time I'm bringing a Santa beard.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #228 on: 16 September, 2013, 10:18:17 am »
It's not her bike, it's wearing a gilet does that.

I like the photos. Next year, assuming this happens again, I'm going to be not lurgied, not working at the weekend, and full of enthusiasm and organisation. Really!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #229 on: 16 September, 2013, 11:48:31 am »
Next year, assuming this happens again, I'm going to be not lurgied, not working at the weekend, and full of enthusiasm and organisation. Really!

Yeah, I keep saying stuff like that.  :(
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #230 on: 16 September, 2013, 12:37:46 pm »
A lovely weekend, all round, apart from stopping, in the rain, on the way to the campsite on Friday evening, to check directions, leaning my bike against a road sign, and as a result of stepping back 6 inches finding my self flat out, face up, in a ditch full of nettles - in shorts! :facepalm:

Good company, a nice campsite, a bacon sarnie care of Andrew (thanks) a nice route (thanks, Lee), nice pubs and tea shop, and BBQ-ing by head torch.  What more could you need....?

I got the train as far as Reading West (engineering works) and then rode back to Henley to collect the car from work, and managed about 8ish miles of  gentle river side off-roading - finally putting the knobbly tyres to use for more than 100 yards! ;D

looking forward to the next one.
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller