Author Topic: Bryan Chapman Memorial 600 - 18th May 2013  (Read 111278 times)

marcusjb

• Full of bon courage.
Re: Bryan Chapman Memorial 600 - 18th May 2013
« Reply #925 on: 17 March, 2014, 03:05:07 pm »
Remember there are a couple of versions of the Bryan Chapman (and even then, several variations and diversions) - normal and scenic. 

Any GPS files from 2013 need to be looked at with a little bit of care due to the bridge diversion that was in place (so you don't follow the diversion which added a good 10-15 km on from memory - though there was an option to stay on the main road and miss Barmouth bridge etc. - no way was I missing that though, such an iconic view of the BCM). 

To be honest, the navigation is pretty straight-forward - it'll take minutes to create your own file and know it tallies up with the current route-sheet.
Right! What's next?

Ooooh. That sounds like a daft idea.  I am in!

« Reply #926 on: 17 March, 2014, 03:17:14 pm »
There are indeed lots of versions, but there's only been one official route since 2011 - that being the "classic".
The "scenic" was dropped after 2011 - due to less than 20 riders consistantly entering, and "604" - because it was too hard for the masses  :hand: .

Obviously the route is optional between controls, so why not make it a magical mystery tour - and plot your own route between controls  ;D

You've got all weekend  ;D
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

« Reply #927 on: 17 March, 2014, 03:20:39 pm »
The diversion at Pont Briwet (between Harlech & Penrhyndeudraeth) is currently still in place.  At the moment, the road is closed to all traffic.  The current plan is that a temporary road will reopen in May, so might reopen before the BCM, but if you are intending to ride the route before then you will have to go through Maentwrog.

shyumu

• Paying my TV license by cheque since 1993
    • Balancing on Two Wheels
« Reply #928 on: 17 March, 2014, 03:37:34 pm »
*Some* cyclists were photographed trespassing on the railway line and outed in the local paper... I suspect this is recorded upthread.

Should there be a new thread for 2014, or does the title get modified each year?
a journal of bicycle rides I have enjoyed:

http://balancingontwowheels.blogspot.co.uk/

« Reply #929 on: 17 March, 2014, 07:19:42 pm »
Is there still space available....?
DJR (Dave Russell) now retired. Carbon Beone parts bin special retired to turbo trainer, Brompton broken, as was I, Whyte Suffolk dismantled and sold. Now have Mason Definition and Orbea M20i.

« Reply #930 on: 17 March, 2014, 08:48:47 pm »

............... Should there be a new thread for 2014, or does the title get modified each year?

Is there still space available....?

I should hope so, or there wouldn't be anymore new topics or thread comments.  ;)
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.