Author Topic: A random thread for small entertainment things not warranting their own thread..  (Read 295218 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

hellymedic

• Just do it!

Cudzoziemiec

Poor Ella!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
These things happen! They're a pretty 'warts and all' enterprise!

Tom and Alfie do remarkably well as adolescent lads!

Cudzoziemiec

Scarily well! By rights they should be sulking in a corner and deliberately messing the whole thing up. I guess they're saving their teenage rebellion for when they're grown up and can do something really apocalyptic.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Seems the parents, being University folk are quite happy for the kids to use Naughty Language...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
What's that you say?  Netflix is haemorrhaging subscribers?. Maybe that’s why Mad Nad is so anxious for Channel 4 to emulate it.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

Hmm, people who now aren't locked in their houses all day with nothing much to do other than watch TV find they don't need a streaming service that's just raised its price by a couple of quid so it is now double that of its competitors (who have taken many of its best programmes), you say?

You don't need an MBA from the South-East Derbyshire College of FE to figure that out.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
You forgot "who keep cancelling things when they get good"

ian

Honestly, I thought they all did that. There's some sort of universal constant.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Seems the parents, being University folk are quite happy for the kids to use Naughty Language...

I missed this offering in January.

Note Smallest is spelling out F U C K   O F F! Nobody seems bothered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ebjy9nP4lw

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
“No Less The Devil” by Stuart Macbride, of Scotland's famous Scotland, has just been published.  Another Oldcastle novel, according to his webby SCIENCE so we may be sure of more than just one or two grisly killin's.

Beardy

• Shedist
I noticed with some small amount of glee that Primitive Technology had posted new video and wondered while watching him laboriously making clay bricks by hand, how often he is tempted to cheat a little off camera and use a little modern tech to help with the repetitive tasks. For the record, I don’t think he does cheat, unlike a lot of the ‘tribute channels’ which I’m sure do, but he must be tempted occasionally.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
O hai my anbaric distascope!

WTF have you done with ITV4?

Kthxbai

Edit: moved to Freeview 26, it sez 'ere.  If the memory-box has failed to record the opening overs of the Touring Cars from Brands there will be Big Swears.  Only I can’t check until it moves to ITV1 at 2 pm because the stupid Humax is in Green Screen ov DETH mode.  Again >:(

Hmmm, I just checked my box (Manhattan) and yes, ITV4 is on 26. But it has been for a while methinks, certainly the highlights of round 1 recorded without me returning. I’m more concerned that they still have a highlights programme as a I don’t have time to watch the live coverage, but that’s being recorded. Hmmm.

ETA; Yes, next Saturday, good.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Humax box still thinks it’s on 25 but recorded it anyway, while the TV gave me about two seconds of BIGIs in the mist gravel traps before complaining and going blank.  I think it did the same when it went from 24 to 25 just before the Tour last year.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
I are just discovered that the smashing chaps at Montréal's Constellation Records recently released Godspeed You! Black Emperor's long-missing first album all lights fucked on the hairy amp drooling.  Recorded in 1993, originally released on cassette in 1994, only 33 copies made.  Available from Constellation's Bandcamp page for six of your Earth Canadian dollars ($7.20 after taxes/Brexit Dividend/whatever).  Ent listened to it yet, mind.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
I are just discovered that the smashing chaps at Montréal's Constellation Records recently released Godspeed You! Black Emperor's long-missing first album all lights fucked on the hairy amp drooling.  Recorded in 1993, originally released on cassette in 1994, only 33 copies made.  Available from Constellation's Bandcamp page for six of your Earth Canadian dollars ($7.20 after taxes/Brexit Dividend/whatever).  Ent listened to it yet, mind.

Edit: Just listened to the first part (there are four segments of 17-18 minutes each).  For completists only, I reckon :-\

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo

Edit: Just listened to the first part (there are four segments of 17-18 minutes each).  For completists only, I reckon :-\

I'll try it out on the Bandcamp Squeezebox plug-in first, then.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Gadzooks!  Lawnmower DETH, I have just discovered, done recently released Blunt Cutters, their first album since Billy in 1993 :thumbsup:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Some well deserved recognition for Justin Hayward and Bonnie Tyler (whether or not you are a royalist)

Regretfully I never had the chance to see the Moody Blues live
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
And a kniggethood for Ian Rankin.

The current adaptation of "The Midwich Cuckoos" takes a panning. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jun/02/the-midwich-cuckoos-review-womens-rights-are-under-attack-and-this-is-what-they-make

Excellent comment  :-D

"If they really wanted to bring up to date a story involving the residents of a sleepy English village mysteriously falling unconscious and awaking to find that every woman of child-bearing age is pregnant and will shortly give birth to a creepy-looking blond child, then they probably should have set it in Uxbridge.."
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
The current adaptation of "The Midwich Cuckoos" takes a panning. https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/jun/02/the-midwich-cuckoos-review-womens-rights-are-under-attack-and-this-is-what-they-make

Excellent comment  :-D

"If they really wanted to bring up to date a story involving the residents of a sleepy English village mysteriously falling unconscious and awaking to find that every woman of child-bearing age is pregnant and will shortly give birth to a creepy-looking blond child, then they probably should have set it in Uxbridge.."

Ha! Brilliant.

I think the review sums up a problem with all Wyndham adaptations - the books haven’t aged well, too much of their time. You’d need to do something fresh with them to bring them up to date.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."