Author Topic: "Downloading approx 3 hours remaining"  (Read 4131 times)

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
Re: "Downloading approx 3 hours remaining"
« Reply #25 on: 19 September, 2013, 08:09:35 pm »
I've had a very satisfying five minutes, blocking all the spammers who've been phoning me over the last couple of weeks. It even works on texts!

The only drawback is that they have to phone/text you once before you can block them - but some call every day for two weeks, so it'll put an end to that.

« Reply #26 on: 21 September, 2013, 09:30:20 am »
Looks a bit Android to me... not sure about that.

Updating apps from the App Store looks to be a bit flaky to me. Not sure what those circular icons mean, downloading or installing? Dropbox update has been hanging for a couple of hours.

The "dot" is a waiting to download, this changes to a partial circle, which completes as the download progresses

Jakob

« Reply #27 on: 22 September, 2013, 10:43:29 am »
Apple's own icons are rather windows8-like and not very nice. Garish was the general verdicts at work...but sofar I like most of the improvements I've found. Just need to find out how to turn off the fancy transition when you unlock the phone, which is annoying me.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #28 on: 22 September, 2013, 11:01:28 am »
So what's the general consensus... worth updating to or shall I wait a while?

ian

« Reply #29 on: 22 September, 2013, 12:38:04 pm »
So what's the general consensus... worth updating to or shall I wait a while?

Other than restore palaver (I just updated my wife's two iDevices in about fifteen minutes, so I guess it was just bad luck), I quite like, it certainly has a more modern aesthetic. Gone are the chunky borders etc. that with hindsight look practically medieval. I've not encountered any major problems. Of course, a lot of the actual apps haven't been updated to make full use of iOS7 so there's a bit of a mishmash of themes.

I have to agree that I don't much like the Apple app icons, garish and rather odd cryptic design. Not exactly the end of the world though.

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #30 on: 22 September, 2013, 01:29:11 pm »
Anyone got any idea how to actually turn off VPN?
I keep doing it through settings then the next time I look it's on again. Snarl
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

ian

« Reply #31 on: 22 September, 2013, 11:09:27 pm »
Hmm, just discovered none of my movies will play. They also annoyingly have no titles, just thumbnails, so there's no way to discern what's what unless you know the opening frame, which is usually the generic production blurb. Moot as none of them will actually play. The window opens and then closes. They used to be fine. Possibly I need to re sync my ipad.

This now means I have to watch late night TV. In Belgium. That's plain cruel and unusual. Should have bought more Westmalle from the hotel bar.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #32 on: 23 September, 2013, 12:01:56 am »
I've just checked and you are right.

I cannot see your movies either.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #33 on: 23 September, 2013, 09:03:00 pm »
It has nobbled my rip-off chinese leads, there's now a warning about it being a non-certified accessory and it fails to charge. Not entirely unexpected, and ebay refunded the price, but still a bit irritating as I set off this morning without a full charge.  :(
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.