Author Topic: Calling all Wednesday night beer groups....  (Read 4132 times)

Re: Calling all Wednesday night beer groups....
« Reply #25 on: 15 October, 2013, 10:59:39 am »
Been away for a week so missed a bit of this, but all sounds great!

I will be meeting up with our Wednesday night beer riders this week so will get some feedback on numbers for a Bristol/Pompey meet up.

Guessing somewhere around Amesbury will be about half way, there is a travel lodge there too but we can look into the best options for places to stay with good pubs etc...

« Reply #26 on: 15 October, 2013, 11:13:58 am »
ok just read the PMs  :facepalm:

So for a Pompey/Bristol/Exeter meet Dorchester sounds great!

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #27 on: 15 October, 2013, 11:42:03 am »
For the Pompey/Bristol/Exeter meet up, I think Wincanton is an achievable target.

It is just north of Dorchester, has a Travelodge and pubs (no doubt) in the vicinity.

H

Hummers

« Reply #28 on: 01 January, 2014, 04:36:35 pm »
..and all of a sudden we are in January 2014.

Is there still interest from The Southend/London/Reading groups in meeting up with the Portsmouth group in Wimbledon on the 25th January? I can understand if the excesses of the festive period have quenched the thirst for further indulgence  :sick: but perhaps we can pick another weekend?

H

« Reply #29 on: 01 January, 2014, 04:47:22 pm »
Is there still interest from The Southend/London/Reading groups in meeting up with the Portsmouth group in Wimbledon on the 25th January? I can understand if the excesses of the festive period have quenched the thirst for further indulgence  :sick: but perhaps we can pick another weekend?
H

would be rude not to join you as I live a mile away from the habitual venue... but be warned Wimbledon Wetherspoon on a Sat night is altogether a different place than is is during the week, full of loud lagered-up yoof (my son et al), we'd probably neither find seats nor hear ourselves speak...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #30 on: 01 January, 2014, 05:11:53 pm »
Sorry, HK and I will be in Paris that weekend.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Hummers

« Reply #31 on: 01 January, 2014, 05:14:32 pm »
H

would be rude not to join you as I live a mile away from the habitual venue... but be warned Wimbledon Wetherspoon on a Sat night is altogether a different place than is is during the week, full of loud lagered-up yoof (my son et al), we'd probably neither find seats nor hear ourselves speak...

Hmmmm....where do you recommend instead?

H

« Reply #32 on: 01 January, 2014, 11:17:02 pm »
H

Woodies in New Malden is a lovely place, though I've never been there on a Saturday night, could make enquiries, Pete Mas knows it better than me and may have a view to share

Hummers

« Reply #33 on: 02 January, 2014, 01:45:33 am »
H

Woodies in New Malden is a lovely place, though I've never been there on a Saturday night, could make enquiries, Pete Mas knows it better than me and may have a view to share

Fine job sir!

:thumbsup:

H

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #34 on: 02 January, 2014, 06:56:48 am »
I will canvas the opinions of the mid-Essex crew.  I am free that weekend although requesting a pass might prove tricky.  Back soon ...

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #35 on: 02 January, 2014, 11:52:02 pm »
H

I've not been there recently on a Saturday night, but would be willing to pay a visit for research purposes this Saturday  ;D
Pretty sure it should be fine.

Fine job sir!

:thumbsup:

H
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

Hummers

« Reply #36 on: 03 January, 2014, 12:26:52 pm »
I will canvas the opinions of the mid-Essex crew.  I am free that weekend although requesting a pass might prove tricky.  Back soon ...

Hmmm... after a Christmas of excesses, I am in the same boat on that one.  :-\

Plus a number of our Pompey party are not drinking on January  :facepalm:

It may be worth deferring our outing to later in the year....

H

« Reply #37 on: 03 January, 2014, 12:31:45 pm »
Feb or March would suit me better too for similar reasons, all Saturdays are clear apart from 22 Feb at the moment (have we decided on a Saturday for this?)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #38 on: 03 January, 2014, 12:39:15 pm »

Hmmm... after a Christmas of excesses, I am in the same boat on that one.  :-\

Plus a number of our Pompey party are not drinking on January  :facepalm:

It may be worth deferring our outing to later in the year....

H

I did post a note on our pub ride thread about 25th January and have received zero response which might speak volumes.  A date later in the year could work better.

Hummers

« Reply #39 on: 03 January, 2014, 01:00:23 pm »

I did post a note on our pub ride thread about 25th January and have received zero response which might speak volumes.  A date later in the year could work better.

OK, that (and other suggestions) may be the best course of action.

H

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #40 on: 04 January, 2014, 11:57:03 pm »
I visited Woodies (see above) tonight and it would be a fine place to meet up.Good choice of ales and not noisy.Best to avoid the music nights,though, the lady manager said, if we want to chat and have more space..e.g. Avoid march 29th.
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

Hummers

« Reply #41 on: 05 January, 2014, 04:39:27 pm »
Cheers.

H

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #42 on: 05 January, 2014, 05:10:04 pm »
Later in the year is better, IMHO. I too seem to have accidentally succumbed to this "Dry January" fad (does that mean that you can drink dry white wine, dry gin, dry martini etc. but other drinks are out?). At present the only weekend for which I have a definite commitment is that of 22nd Feb, although I really ought to keep 8th Feb free: that date is Aunt Phyllis's 95th and we may have a small celebration with her, given that she doesn't tend to go out any more.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.