Author Topic: The Blue Badge...  (Read 2858 times)

Zoidburg

The Blue Badge...
« on: 14 September, 2008, 07:07:57 pm »
Of disabilty?

Or impatience?

Yesterday a gentleman of somewhat advanced years tailgated me as I aproached a junction, far to close, revving the engine to high - and then he attempted to over take me to get to the lights before me, this natty little manouver being performed at a choke point formed by a pedestrian crossing, he didnt make it and had to fall back yet still he persisted in being 6 feet away from all the way up to the junction, the lights were on red and he couldnt go anywhere anyway, the distance involved here was less than 20 meters

At this stage I have taken up the primary position as I want to keep the twonk from getting in front of me and possibly turning across me and also into me at the junction.

The lights turn green and I am away, the silly old fart floors it and veers into the other lane as he crosses the junction in an over blown show of getting past me, blue badge sticker proudly on show in the rear quarter light.

I am the first person to notice that some blue badge holders are a wee bit too used to parking and driving anywhere they like in any fashion?

I didnt know it was a cover all card to let you be a git to other road users.

border-rider

Re: The Blue Badge...
« Reply #1 on: 14 September, 2008, 07:13:44 pm »
blue badge sticker proudly on show in the rear quarter light.

That's an interesting observation.  Why would he do that ?

The only "disabled" badge is the parking one which must be displayed on the dashboard when you park.  Why identify yourself as "disabled" to other drivers, and what does that say about the driver ?

Is it a bit like Baby On Board stickers ?

I'd suggest you have met a motorised twat, and the disability aspect is secondary.

« Reply #2 on: 14 September, 2008, 09:52:14 pm »
I went to Stoke yesterday.  There is only one reason to go to Stoke, and that is why I went there.

3 guesses.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3 on: 14 September, 2008, 09:56:57 pm »
I have a Blue Badge but I don't drive and seldom use the badge. Sometimes my chauffeurs find it useful.
My chauffeurs don't drive like tw@s

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #4 on: 14 September, 2008, 10:00:07 pm »
I must admit I haven't noticed any correlation between blue badge and bad driving.
Getting there...

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #5 on: 14 September, 2008, 10:01:25 pm »
I went to Stoke yesterday.  There is only one reason to go to Stoke, and that is why I went there.

3 guesses.

1) You wanted to buy a new dinner service, having used the old one to create a novelty raised bed in the herb garden.

2) You are a closet Everton fan.

3) Proper oatcakes  :thumbsup:

Am I close?

Jezza

« Reply #6 on: 14 September, 2008, 10:08:14 pm »
I must admit I haven't noticed any correlation between blue badge and bad driving.

A blue fish, however, guarantees absolute lunacy with a fully comp afterlife.

« Reply #7 on: 14 September, 2008, 10:26:11 pm »

3 guesses.

1) You wanted to buy a new dinner service, having used the old one to create a novelty raised bed in the herb garden.

Am I close?

Not even in the same galaxy  ;)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #8 on: 14 September, 2008, 10:43:40 pm »
I know why Mr P went to Stoke.

You'll be able to read about it in the papers tomorrow.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #9 on: 14 September, 2008, 11:01:33 pm »

3 guesses.

Am I close?

Not even in the same galaxy  ;)

What, not even option 3?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #10 on: 14 September, 2008, 11:22:27 pm »
Mr. P. went to Stoke purely for the pleasure of leaving again.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #11 on: 14 September, 2008, 11:24:17 pm »
Mental disability?

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #12 on: 15 September, 2008, 05:49:42 am »
Probably the "advanced years" are the factor here, not the Blue Badge. This doesn't mean that all old people are bad drivers, but slowing reflexes, and being unused to increasing congestion, new rules, etc, all take their toll. Of course your particular driver could always have been like that.               
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #13 on: 15 September, 2008, 12:37:25 pm »
Of course, the badge may not represent the drive at all - I see an increasing number of "relatives" with them.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #14 on: 15 September, 2008, 12:44:08 pm »
Of course, the badge may not represent the drive at all - I see an increasing number of "relatives" with them.

Or helpers.  But don't get me started on that.

fuzzy

« Reply #15 on: 15 September, 2008, 04:52:09 pm »
Of disabilty?

Or impatience?

Yesterday a gentleman of somewhat advanced years tailgated me as I aproached a junction, far to close, revving the engine to high - and then he attempted to over take me to get to the lights before me, this natty little manouver being performed at a choke point formed by a pedestrian crossing, he didnt make it and had to fall back yet still he persisted in being 6 feet away from all the way up to the junction, the lights were on red and he couldnt go anywhere anyway, the distance involved here was less than 20 meters

At this stage I have taken up the primary position as I want to keep the twonk from getting in front of me and possibly turning across me and also into me at the junction.

The lights turn green and I am away, the silly old fart floors it and veers into the other lane as he crosses the junction in an over blown show of getting past me, blue badge sticker proudly on show in the rear quarter light.

I am the first person to notice that some blue badge holders are a wee bit too used to parking and driving anywhere they like in any fashion?

I didnt know it was a cover all card to let you be a git to other road users.

nah Zoiders- you're thinking of a Warrant Card ;)

Tiger

« Reply #16 on: 15 September, 2008, 06:16:02 pm »
I thinhk blue badges are great.  My Dad has one and I use it when supermarket car parks are full. I have thought of making my own with a colour copier and laminator.

« Reply #17 on: 15 September, 2008, 06:23:59 pm »
Mental disability?

That is the normal reason for going to Stoke, but I went because.......  oh? sorry, you were replying to the OP, and not me.

Zoidburg

« Reply #18 on: 15 September, 2008, 06:25:36 pm »
Naaahhh

All you need is an ever so slight limp

As I witnessed when an extremely spritely "disabled" woman proceeded to hold up traffic for 30 minutes in the tesco car park because some chap refused to move from "her" disabled spot

She then practically ran to go and get the store manager - now dont call me a cycnic but my late grandmother had polio as a child, post polio syndrome resulted in a simple fall shattering her knee one day, she wore a leg brace for many years and used a stick, she couldnt walk quickly any where or for any distance, she needed a disabled badge for the car for a very good reason.

Parking in disabled bays is twatish behaviour, but not as bad a milking the blue badge for all its worth as I witnessed in the Tesco car park.

Zoidburg

« Reply #19 on: 15 September, 2008, 06:26:46 pm »
Mental disability?

That is the normal reason for going to Stoke, but I went because.......  oh? sorry, you were replying to the OP, and not me.
Was it the BNP march?

Did you get to wear your fave bomber jacket and doc martin boots?

« Reply #20 on: 15 September, 2008, 07:56:44 pm »
No I save those for Gay Pride.  You coming again this year?

:D

Fnar fnar, he said come, he said come.

« Reply #21 on: 16 September, 2008, 08:01:29 pm »

3 guesses.

was it to go to see Brian Rourke?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #22 on: 16 September, 2008, 10:05:03 pm »
Of course it was.  ;) As we all know, that is the only reason to go to Stoke.  Had a lovely time.  :thumbsup: