Author Topic: 27/2/15 - 1/3/15 Northumbria winter 'hostelling' weekend, wooden wigwams!  (Read 23030 times)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
4 feet would be a bit over the top IMHO However it was deep enough to take the lower half of Canardly's leg, so more than 4".

It didn't help that the grid was slippery and the gate hard to open. Flagging it up with Sustrans or the local council might be a good idea though as in a way it was lucky how little damage was caused. Also I, and many othrrs have ridden and will ride that route solo. Getting injured with no one to help would make things a lot worse.

Tge injections don't sound fun. Hope you feel better soon :)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

I must have gone down with a bit of a bang as my forearms (and leg) still bear the scars, so thinks was fairly deep, I do not remember reaching the bottom as I could not push myself back out, although I was panicking a bit by then. Simon lifted my leg out behind me by compressing muscles. I still do not have an appointment for a scan which is a huge annoyance and also pretty scary if I think about it too much. GP is giving me 3 days worth of anticoagulant at a time so I will run out again tomorrow, a Saturday, so not sure I will be able to obtain another immediately. ho hum. (The NHS target for GP referral investigations is 6 weeks!)  Ideas as to appropriate timescale therefore appear to be a bit at odds and I am piggy in the middle.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
When I did my calf muscle last year I made the mistake of going to the GP, who did a referral and encouragingly said I'd be better before being seen. When things were clearly getting worse, after our trip to Mildenhall, I went to A & E and came out with my leg in plaster.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

It may be time to sit it out at A&E Bob.
Has the swelling gone down?

Yes the penicillin is working.

Finally, have ultrasound appointment tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Hope all goes well Bob and you're soon back all tickety boo.    :) 

Well very happy to report that scans were clear (hospital staff were amazing). However now have some fluid on shin impact site which is giving me gip. At least I dont have to stab myself in the stomach each day. I have not been to the docs for years and now suddenly seem to be there all the time. Old fogey stuff I guess.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Welcome to my world!  :D
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.