Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 37134 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Re: (NOT) Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #400 on: December 24, 2018, 05:52:27 pm »
I ordered an item from a jolly well known photographic retailer on Thursday then realised that it was *officially* too late for 'next day delivery'.

Despite this, UK Mail were on the doorstep by 9.45 Saturday morning. Not specified, not paid for but delivered anyway.

Certain young gentleman will be quite pleased with his present because if it hadn't arrived on Saturday we wouldn't be able to get it until after New Year...
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #401 on: January 02, 2019, 07:56:09 pm »
FFS!

Having sat in waiting for the delivery, I've just checked the tracking page again: "Your parcel has been returned to our depot following an attempted delivery or a problem locating the address. Please check the tracking below. Our driver will have left a card explaining what to do next where the  delivery has been attempted."

No, the driver has *not* left a card, nor have they tried to deliver. The address is not hard to find.

So, I've wasted several hours of my life and a train fare, and still have no parcel. >:(

In the end, I rescheduled this for 28th December - but it got delivered on Christmas Eve, when I was away. Fortunately no one nicked it from the communal hallway!

On the other hand, I sent a small parcel second class on the 22nd, assuming it would arrive after Christmas (which would have been fine - it was an Ebay sale and the buyer had waited a week to pay, so can't have wanted it that urgently!). Delivered on Christmas Eve too - not bad for second class really!

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #402 on: January 03, 2019, 07:19:10 pm »
Sometimes shite couriering can be a good thing.
Mrs B's fierce mercan sister-in-law ordered to us a box of decent wines for crimble.  Except it never arrived.
She must have been super fierce with the supplier because they phoned me on Monday to abjectly apologise and check our location in the village.  He then personally  drove a delivery himself from Swansea.  Just in time for our New Year do.  :thumbsup:

This evening, Yodel turned up with the original lost consignment.   :D  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Kim
And remember that friends who organise things on Facebook aren't proper friends anyway.