Author Topic: [HAMR] tracking, widgets and things  (Read 5168 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: tracking, widgets and things
« Reply #25 on: 20 January, 2015, 03:15:16 pm »
adding a map with 'where is he now' should be fairly piss easy as well but haven't done it yet, i'll do it if i'm bored one night in the week

Snap, I got a bit bored yesterday, so knocked up a 'where is he now' page: http://audaxclubhackney.co.uk/tg.html - still very much a work in progress. I'm trying to snap the tracking points to roads using google routing to get a better idea where he has gone.
Ive just come back to this - if the "caption" data is correct, this is now brill! But ...

rigjht now it reads
91miles (google route) in
8h45m
that's surely way too slow. What's gone wrong?  :-\
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #26 on: 20 January, 2015, 04:07:42 pm »
Ive just come back to this - if the "caption" data is correct, this is now brill! But ...

rigjht now it reads
91miles (google route) in
8h45m
that's surely way too slow. What's gone wrong?  :-\

I haven't managed account for this discrepancy yet. Does the first tracker point start at his house, or is there a bit of stealth 'hiding' going on?
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #27 on: 20 January, 2015, 05:21:38 pm »
Stealth hiding is in place.
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #28 on: 20 January, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »
Ah ok, thanks. (trying to keep track of all these changes is like chasing leaves!)

So how does that work? His first SPOT cross of the day is at 0620h ish,  and no more than 5 miles from his house: Did he start a LOT earlier than that,  and do a loop of >>5miles to get to that first cross?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #29 on: 20 January, 2015, 08:02:08 pm »
Ah ok, thanks. (trying to keep track of all these changes is like chasing leaves!)

So how does that work? His first SPOT cross of the day is at 0620h ish,  and no more than 5 miles from his house: Did he start a LOT earlier than that,  and do a loop of >>5miles to get to that first cross?

Maybe it's better not to know, I'm certainly not looking to unpick the security for obvious reasons, and happy to leave it as is.
“That slope may look insignificant, but it's going to be my destiny" - Fitzcarraldo

mattc

• Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #30 on: 20 January, 2015, 08:03:19 pm »
Stealth hiding is in place.
Is the Strava data also being ... "finessed"?
Has never ridden RAAM
---------