Author Topic: Panaracer Pasela PT  (Read 2673 times)

Panaracer Pasela PT
« on: March 13, 2015, 08:32:21 am »
Mrs B recently started using these in place of Continental Gatorskins, because they're reported to be relatively easy to get on & off & we found no adverse reports about them.

She's pleased with them. Apart from an encounter with a demon flint that would have cut through anything short of solid rubber, they've held air. They are, as hoped, relatively easy to fit & remove (or, in her terms, less difficult), she's happy with the handling & thinks the grip is good. She's been riding on country lanes, some mucky, some gritty, in wet & dry, & they've been entirely satisfactory. The furthest she's been on them in one go is about 130 km on the Kennet Valley 100K, including riding to & from the start.

I'd say they're slightly undersized.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Re: Panaracer Pasela PT
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 10:27:47 am »
I've done just over 1000km on my 23mm Pasela PT tyres.  They seem great - no problems or p*nctures so far.  The longest ride on them has been the Upper Thames 200, including some skoggy (but nice) chiltern lanes - where all around seemed to be having visitations...  Being undersize at 21/22mm (100psi), I intend to try the 25mm tyres (23/24mm?), and see if I can get them under my CrudRR II guards, & brakes...

2020 update:  ditched 23mm on this bike.  Too narrow.  25mm now.
Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.  EOW.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:15:54 am »
Good to read, another convert ;)

Note that the fatter versions have slightly different construction - proportionally thicker rubber I think (going by the sudden jump in weight). they are much, much more durable.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:41:08 am »
The big jump in weight seems to be from 28 (what she has) to 32. Perhaps Panaracer thinks that's the point where people switch to heavy duty touring or commuting.

Skoggy (but nice) Chiltern lanes are standard riding conditions round here, & Mrs B led an evening ride on Wednesday through exactly that, via Checkendon & Stoke Row. Her tyres survived that one, unlike one of her 13 followers.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 08:32:09 pm »
I have these on my Thorn Sherpa. I have done 6-8000 miles with kit in my panniers. The front one still has tread on, the rear is now smooth and about to be replaced. They seem pretty good to me. The only puncture has been caused by a drawing pin.

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 08:17:25 pm »
Bugger. The rear blew today. Was going to replace it at the weekend.

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 10:14:47 pm »
Sidewall?
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim Krabbé. Possibly

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 03:48:10 pm »
Been running the 28mm version of these.  Very impressed with them, fast with good grip, seem fine in the wet.  Very comfortable when run at 105psi.  Come up slightly undersize so they may fit in a tight frame for the given size.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 02:23:47 pm »
Agree with the comments that they are nice tyres
 - 28mm are slightly narrow for 28mm
 - had one go explosively when the tread was worn
 - compared michelin pro 25mm with 28mm pasela, wear is similar, puncture rate similar.  Michelin lighter/faster/grippier/expensive.  Pasela better on rough roads
 - always got the folding version
Audaxing Blog follow @vorsprungbike on

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 12:09:02 pm »
I've been using Pasela PT 32mm on my steel bike, moving from the 28mm (280g) to 32mm (330g) last year.  I'm 77kg ish and normally run the 32mm at ~ F65 R80psi.  No p*nctures in 2500km (since they've been on) and they've encountered some really muddy/debris strewn roads/tracks/bridleways (vv tile bagging).  They seem to roll well, and add that bit more air volume for comfort on crappy road surfaces.  Bought wired for £24 ea.

Get a  :thumbsup: from me.

Destroying rainforest for economic gain is like burning a Renaissance painting to cook a meal.  EOW.