Author Topic: Today's SPAM  (Read 42664 times)

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
Re: Today's SPAM
« Reply #250 on: January 03, 2020, 09:11:04 am »
It's not entirely reassuring the number of texts I get purporting to be from EE claiming there was an issue with payment and can I provide my details here. (Since I'm on EE, that's either coincidence or something else.)
!nataS pihsroW

MikeFromLFE

• Previously known as Millimole
« Reply #251 on: March 25, 2020, 07:10:46 pm »
Yippee - I can buy face masks in the UK according to today's rash
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

Phil W

« Reply #252 on: March 25, 2020, 07:16:41 pm »
It's not entirely reassuring the number of texts I get purporting to be from EE claiming there was an issue with payment and can I provide my details here. (Since I'm on EE, that's either coincidence or something else.)

EE probably have an allocation of mobile number ranges. It can probably be found out somewhere. So it may be targeted at EE numbers but that doesn’t mean it’s targeted at you.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #253 on: March 25, 2020, 08:09:01 pm »
I had one from 3 about difficulties with my monthly payment not long ago, and I'm on 3, but PAYG, so even though the url was plausible (mythree-limited.com), it was an obvious scam.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #254 on: March 25, 2020, 10:09:39 pm »
My Facebook and Yahoo accounts have been hacked. I am still receiving emails from
people whom I only ever contacted on those two social media accounts years ago.
The spam emails are all virtually identical; nothing in the subject line, sometimes a http
link that has a strikethrough. I've long since close both of them.

I've tried checking the source IP addresses (which I assume could be the IP addresses of
the devices that are being used to send the spam emails) and they appear to originate
from different parts of the world.

It could be hackers are sharing it, or one hacker is using multiple stolen IP address to
hide his/her true whereabouts?

« Reply #255 on: March 25, 2020, 11:04:18 pm »
Spivs international.
MOQ: 1000 pcs

We have large quantity of disposable masks in stock, we can provide fast delivery!

During the epidemic, especially the demand for masks was very large, and a situation of difficult to find a mask appeared. Now we have stocked masks available. If there is a demand, please don't hesitate to let me know if there's any inquiry.

Best regards,

Steven Xiu

« Reply #256 on: April 07, 2020, 11:53:39 am »
One from Gov.UK telling me I need to give them my card details so they can give me a £531 tax credit.     From a telenet.BE email address........   Must be the same lot who say I need to renew my TV licence  :facepalm:
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #257 on: April 26, 2020, 09:02:05 am »
Congratulations first name,

Your email address was exclusively selected.

We are pleased to let you know that you are among the few who have been selected to enter the final draw for the giveaway of Lidl voucher worth £1,000.
If you don't like your democracy, vote against it.