Author Topic: Ridgeback World Panorama Delux #2 ''OLIVE''  (Read 15440 times)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
Re: Ridgeback World Panorama Delux #2 ''OLIVE''
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2019, 09:54:08 pm »
IMG_0801 by mark tilley, on Flickr

IMG_0800 by mark tilley, on Flickr

Yet another modification.  I have used drop bars for prob 18 years, but in all that time, with 3 different bikes, I can not stop fettleing, moving this , swapping that , even mid ride, I have even  taken a spare stem to try. Yet, every MTB I have owned ( 3 different ones) all have a similar set up, with lowish bars, bar ends, thumb shifters, an a long stem. Once set up, I never touch them to alter anything. Sooo, 6 am on a Sunday morning I thought I'd try an experiment, and 7.30 am, armed with a mug of tea, I was in the shed, pulling Olive to bits. Basically I stripped my Rocky Mountain MTB, that I just never use any more, and is 15 years old, and 'borrowed' the flat bars (actually Saracen bars, from a 'Traverse' c.1992),  XT 7 speed thumbshifters, now in index mode, as the rear block is only 7 speed  ;D ,  Onza bar ends, and a longer stem. Also swapped are the brakes.............shimano hydraulic disc calipers, superb stoppers, and put the cable operated Spyres in the dark place.  So far , so good, set up is almost the same as my Saracen  from 25 years ago.  I seem to have much more power in my legs, with this set up, and its faster, as the bar ends are flat, I can rest my hand on them, with my wrist on the hb grip, elbows pointing in, (Obree style) and can spin up much faster. Seems a much more natural position for me. Time will tell tho.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2019, 05:39:31 pm »
IMG_1059 by mark tilley, on Flickr

Taken a day or so ago, Olive, just shy of 23,000 km.   

« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2019, 05:55:24 pm »
Funny place to leave a pumpkin :)
Back to drop bars though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2019, 07:17:12 pm »
Funny place to leave a pumpkin :)
Back to drop bars though?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Indeed, the flat bars lasted about 2 weeks, gave my wrists a right old workout,  they did. !

Cudzoziemiec

• Waking up now, put the kettle on!
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2020, 11:30:27 pm »
Finding agricultural produce now!
I do not ride a great big Mercian, gangster tanwalls, fixed cog in the back.