Author Topic: Utilitarian Adventures  (Read 81563 times)

Re: Utilitarian Adventures
« Reply #625 on: July 14, 2020, 09:24:43 pm »
The wife tonight. It's the excitement of our weekly shop and she had an after dinner baileys so hitched the burley bee onto her bike and she took the very short ride to lidl. Probably takes as long to get bike out through the strange shared access to our garden with the added width of the trailer then it did to actually cycle there but too much to carry in panniers or walking

Kim

• Timelord
Re: Utilitarian Adventures
« Reply #626 on: July 14, 2020, 09:35:00 pm »
The wife tonight. It's the excitement of our weekly shop and she had an after dinner baileys so hitched the burley bee onto her bike and she took the very short ride to lidl. Probably takes as long to get bike out through the strange shared access to our garden with the added width of the trailer then it did to actually cycle there but too much to carry in panniers or walking

In the general spirit of this thread, I routinely (or did, before the current unpleasantness[1]) cycle to a shop that's about half a kilometre away because it means I have a knee-friendly way to carry the shopping home.

[1] Instead I've been doing one big trailer load at Mr Sainsbury's Emporium of Sporadically-Stocked Comestibles every couple of weeks, to minimise exposure.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...