Author Topic: Slim down your bloated GPX track files  (Read 8998 times)

Phil W

Re: Slim down your bloated GPX track files
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2018, 02:36:11 pm »
Thanks I cannot see me adding anything more to it unless someone has a killer idea. The Heroku platform and plan I have  is free for life but should they ever shut down I can shunt the application across to other servers I run stuff on.

Phil W

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2018, 05:34:50 pm »
So much for not adding anything more.

It can now split tracks by control.  It is a new option in the split track dropdown.  Track naming works the same way as split by distance.  It looks for waypoints in the GPX, finds the nearest trackpoint for each one. Then splits the track accordingly.  It ignores any waypoints close to the start or end of the original track; to stop any stupidly short tracks being created.

Phil W

« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2018, 04:34:00 pm »
It can now add proximity alarms to all the waypoints in a GPX file. New dropdown to select from 50 metres to 400 meters.

https://simple-gpx.herokuapp.com/

« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2018, 05:38:59 pm »
Slightly OT, but I find that when my Garmin Edge Touring is connected to my computer
I can drop any gpx (or tcx) file that I have on my machine into the Touring's 'NewFile'
folder. The gpx/tcx are then automatically converted into a .fit file (which the unit prefers)
and moved to the 'Courses' folder.

It works on some of the smaller rides I've done recently, but will try it on a long ride
soon (which will be the Upper Thames 200 in November).