Author Topic: Good place for buying cycling shoes in Central or North London?  (Read 1287 times)

Good place for buying cycling shoes in Central or North London?
« on: 21 October, 2008, 11:56:45 am »
I think I would like to go clipless (at last). However, this is dependent on me finding a comfortable set of cycling shoes first. Where's got the best selection in central(ish) or North London?

I was thinking the CycleSurgery in Holborn or the one Pentonville Road... anywhere else have a good selection?

Re: Good place for buying cycling shoes in Central or North London?
« Reply #1 on: 21 October, 2008, 11:58:06 am »
Condor  :)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #2 on: 21 October, 2008, 11:59:55 am »
Yip, Condor normally have a good selection.  But I'd also suggest trying some other places too (eg the Holborn Cycle Surgey) because you need to know you've got the correct shoe and so it's worth trying on loads of pairs.

If you've got narrow feet then you may find Sidi shoes fit you well. 
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #3 on: 21 October, 2008, 12:02:39 pm »
I have the opposite - wide feet. Also, I have the beginnings of a bunion, so I have to be careful about allowing shoes to squash my big toe. It's actually quite difficult to find shoes that have nice square ends that don't squash the toes together.

« Reply #4 on: 21 October, 2008, 12:03:36 pm »
Condor. Good selection of shoes, helpful & knowledgeable.

They even polished my mother's walking stick whilst she was waiting for me to stop faffing about!
Abnormal for Norfolk

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #5 on: 21 October, 2008, 12:07:32 pm »
Look at Spesh or the wider Sidi shoes then, called MEGA.  From memory most models can be purchased in a MEGA model.

Shimano ones probably just won't do (too narrow at the toes)
Nike ones WERE great but they have dropped out of the market now :(
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #6 on: 21 October, 2008, 01:41:37 pm »
Thanks all. At lunchtime I rode over to Condor - a nice shop, I'd not been there before.

I left with a pair of Specialized Sonoma (size 47) and M324 pedals. It was a bit of a toss up between the size 46 and 47, but I figured a bit more space was better.

I'm looking forward to my first clipped-in ride!  ;D

« Reply #7 on: 21 October, 2008, 08:58:55 pm »
...and your first clipped in "moment". ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #8 on: 22 October, 2008, 02:15:27 pm »
Actually, that was a big reason why I didn't go clipless sooner; until recently I would drop my son off to nursery in a child seat. I didn't fancy the possibility of a clipless moment with him in there. However, now his feet have got too big for the stirrups for the seat, I have to take him in the child trailer. Now he can watch his Dad embarass himself in perfect safety... ;-)