Author Topic: Sky - gaming the system?  (Read 112242 times)

Re: Sky - gaming the system?
« Reply #1450 on: November 13, 2019, 12:23:55 pm »
I'm not very concerned about the Sky allegations, it's pro-cycling after all.

I'm more interested in Heiko Salzwedel and British Cycling. I've always been a bit uneasy about GB becoming the new East Germany.

Becoming or having become?

The media are complicit in this of course

« Reply #1451 on: November 25, 2019, 09:12:47 pm »
Hearing was set to receive evidence from former Olympic champion Nicole Cooke

Shame Sutton spat out the dummy. I'd have loved to hear what she has to say about him.

« Reply #1452 on: November 26, 2019, 11:28:54 pm »
Seems weak. Sutton has already denied he asked for the patches, although it's also obviously to his advantage that Freeman is found not to have doped any athletes.

« Reply #1453 on: December 09, 2019, 08:38:52 pm »
Erhh what?
https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/freeman-absent-from-medical-tribunal-after-upsetting-media-reports/?fbclid=IwAR36FXcPq0uqWtskS9BVcfPGQRimGA8rHUaQXAQWiBVuz22XZGnJfGIYtCU

The BBC reported that Freeman’s lawyer, Mary O’Rourke, said her client had been prescribed a skiing holiday by his doctor and wouldn’t be able to attend the tribunal if it were extended in to the New Year.

I'm seeing my Doc on Friday...I think I'll ask her to prescribe a skiing holiday too!!.

« Reply #1454 on: December 10, 2019, 01:46:09 pm »
The whole trial is a farcical now. I dont see any meaningful outcome happening at all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/50725914

.....She also listed a number of allegations concerning Sutton, including:

That he received drugs in a McDonalds toilet in Edinburgh.
That he had confessed to Freeman that he had used amphetamines while he was a rider.
That former Olympic champion Nicole Cooke and her dad provided a five-page statement on Sutton's "bullying, dishonesty and other shady behaviour…."
That Freeman blocked Sutton's phone number but Sutton used his partner's phone to call and verbally abuse the medic.

« Reply #1455 on: December 20, 2019, 12:36:54 pm »
Delayed to till April nothing to see please move on .......