Author Topic: Beer!  (Read 41801 times)

Re: Beer!
« Reply #700 on: June 08, 2019, 07:33:12 pm »
Black Sheep 54deg North small batch lager.

This stuff is really good !
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #701 on: June 25, 2019, 10:35:35 pm »
Nothing yet, but Untapped just introduced me to a whole stack of excellent looking pubs just in Prenzlauer Berg in Berlin that I didn't know existed, including a Helsinki brewery tap.
We're going this weekend. The problem is there are too many good bars to investigate.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

• fatuously disingenuous
    • The Suburban Survival Guide
« Reply #702 on: July 05, 2019, 09:19:13 pm »
Prenzlauer Berg is Berlin's hipster central these days. It's pretty cool and I have the beard.

Beer. I forgot beer. A horrid oversight. I was going to go to Ghost Whale on the way home, but I wasn't thinking and went another way. I mean, we have lots of the beer but it's all in my wife's don't-drink-that-when-I'm-not-here category and she's not here. Basically, I have to drink the stuff I think she won't notice and risk the wrath. Or go out tomorrow and replace it before she gets back.

I found a couple of cans of Dead Pony as a temporary restorative while I work up my bravery. There's Bible Belt in the fridge... oh heavenly temptation.
!nataS pihsroW

« Reply #703 on: July 24, 2019, 07:16:27 pm »
In this awful weather here is a Publick Service Announcement.    My local Co-op is selling Moorhouse Pendle Witches Brew at £1 for a 500ml bottle.  Yours may be doing similar.  It's not the best beer you'll ever drink, but it's perfectly quaffable, especially at half price.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/109/340/
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
« Reply #704 on: August 16, 2019, 12:40:28 pm »
Went to the local good pub yesterday, The Albion in Kingston. Its bloody great. I don't know what breweries the beers I had were from but I bloody loved the cherry/blackcurrant sour and the raspberry wheat beer was astounding. And they do amazing burgers too. If you live in the area, go there!