Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2468250 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #12000 on: 21 February, 2012, 08:30:26 pm »
Missing pancake day, it would appear  :'(
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #12001 on: 22 February, 2012, 12:51:14 am »
Not sleeping.

Miserable bastard again tomorrow, doubtless.

Grrr.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #12002 on: 22 February, 2012, 01:04:36 am »
Also not sleeping.  Waiting for painkillers to fend off some of the attack of toothache. :(
Getting there...

simonp

« Reply #12003 on: 22 February, 2012, 02:44:53 am »
I was going to try to work out how to make the x axis labels be dates instead of week numbers. But I’m going to try to sleep instead.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #12004 on: 22 February, 2012, 07:45:21 am »
Trying to get my head around the "Engrish" instructions for the CISS system I bought for my inkjet printer.

???

pixieannie

• Partial to a dash of chainsaw oil
« Reply #12005 on: 22 February, 2012, 10:51:28 am »
I too have been in receipt of little sleep, doubtless to do with the abundance of energy and the rattling sash windows.

I'm about to make some bloomers.

« Reply #12006 on: 22 February, 2012, 10:53:47 am »
Feeling very tired & sleepy.  I've got the lurgy but am still in work  :(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

pixieannie

« Reply #12007 on: 22 February, 2012, 11:12:46 am »

Stop snivelling.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #12008 on: 22 February, 2012, 11:31:48 am »
Banging my head against a brick wall, well it has to hurt less than dealing with the muppets I have to work with.

At least my random playlist on the iPod is serving up some cool tunes, currently "Jealous Again" by the Black Crowes...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #12009 on: 22 February, 2012, 11:39:41 am »
Banging my head against a brick wall, well it has to hurt less than dealing with the muppets I have to work with.

At least my random playlist on the iPod is serving up some cool tunes, currently "Jealous Again" by the Black Crowes...
I'm listening to proper, old-school Berlin School electronica at utterly brain-melting volumes.
It's almost helping me to forget about the mind-buggering horrors that are InDesign plugins and C++

I have also made an executive decision that today's lunch will come from M&S - it'll be the first meal I've had in 3 weeks that hasn't been predominantly liquid and/or made up of soft food so I'm going to make it count.

tiermat

« Reply #12010 on: 22 February, 2012, 12:02:23 pm »

Now the client is blaming us for their DNS not working......

Ho Hum....
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #12011 on: 22 February, 2012, 12:07:25 pm »

Now the client is blaming us for their DNS not working......

Ho Hum....

« Reply #12012 on: 22 February, 2012, 01:59:55 pm »

I'm back home from work having been sick at the office.  :-[ *green at the gills smilie*

« Reply #12013 on: 22 February, 2012, 08:46:37 pm »
I've just woken up from a self indulgent petulant sending myself to bed. Now I feel all green & furry without actually having been drinking. Toying between staying put and getting up and doing the ironing. It's all glamour here.

Ugh.

pixieannie

« Reply #12014 on: 22 February, 2012, 09:16:29 pm »
I've just woken up from a self indulgent petulant sending myself to bed. Now I feel all green & furry without actually having been drinking. Toying between staying put and getting up and doing the ironing. It's all glamour here.

Ugh.

I had a little nap this afternoon and woke up feeling grotty.  That's all been corrected with a damned fine session at the climbing wall.

I hope you feel bright and bouncy very soon.
x

tiermat

« Reply #12015 on: 23 February, 2012, 02:54:24 pm »
Getting Spotify (on linux)to sync music to my 6G Nano.

It appears to be working, certainly better than VirtualBox, which kept telling me my iPod was corrupt and needed restoring, even though, if I connected it to a windows box, iTunes said it was ok.

The windows box is my work PC so I can't allow it to see my music collection, unfortunately. :(

« Reply #12016 on: 23 February, 2012, 03:05:09 pm »
Waiting for my 15:00 client...

::-)

« Reply #12017 on: 23 February, 2012, 03:26:31 pm »
Waiting for my 15:00 client...

::-)
Still waiting...believe it or not, this is the first no-show I've had...sure, things happen and people have to cancel suddenly, but to not show up at all?  Phone's right next to me, so I've not missed a call either...

I could be upset, but if she's not here by half past, I'm taking the bike and going shopping in the sunshine!   ;D

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #12018 on: 23 February, 2012, 03:39:54 pm »
Sticking two (rather inky) fingers up to manufacturers of expensive inkjet print cartridges after installing a continual inking system to my printer!

Yay for £0.20 per cartridge running costs.   :thumbsup: (Ok, so the system + ink costs £60.....)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #12019 on: 23 February, 2012, 03:41:48 pm »
Can I stick an honorary two fingers up at them for having bought a Laserjet several years ago that's got through about one cartridge in that time?

The cost of inkjet ink is the biggest scam pulled on humanity since religion.  Or at least McDonald's.

LindaG

« Reply #12020 on: 23 February, 2012, 05:18:15 pm »
sitting on a train to the pubbe run, looking at hills and a fabulous sky and feeling happy. It's Thursday and All's right with the world.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #12021 on: 23 February, 2012, 05:55:48 pm »
Summoning some gumption to get out the door to go join the pubbe runne.  Which, once I've done it, will mean that it is Thursday and all will be well with the world.

Btw, I've promised our man in India that we'll have a pint for him.  If we each do that, he might feel a bit leftover in the morning!

tiermat

« Reply #12022 on: 24 February, 2012, 01:59:19 pm »
Looking at weather forecasts for next Thursday and Friday.

On Thursday I aim to go NTR > Morecambe
On Friday I am reversing the route.
According the forecast (I know there is a week yet so all can, and probably will, change)
On Thursday the wind will be from the West
On Friday it changes round totally to be from the East.
Even the geographically challenged can work out what that means.....

« Reply #12023 on: 24 February, 2012, 02:02:01 pm »
Just written up the notes from my meeting as a new charity Trustee last night, and done my actions from the meeting.
Back to work now then downhill to the weekend.  Waiting for shewhowillbeMrsQoneday to come home.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #12024 on: 24 February, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »
Looking at weather forecasts for next Thursday and Friday.

On Thursday I aim to go NTR > Morecambe
On Friday I am reversing the route.
According the forecast (I know there is a week yet so all can, and probably will, change)
On Thursday the wind will be from the West
On Friday it changes round totally to be from the East.
Even the geographically challenged can work out what that means.....

Is the answer "It's grim up north"?  :demon:

Sorry, couldn't resist!
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup: