Author Topic: MH370 missing  (Read 68821 times)

Re: MH370 missing
« Reply #525 on: 30 April, 2014, 06:30:17 pm »
Oops, yes! :-[

The wiki link was correct though, no idea why I typed that!
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Euan Uzami

« Reply #526 on: 30 April, 2014, 06:38:12 pm »
saw this in the news recently suspiciously just after the plane went missing:
http://www.livescience.com/38078-pine-island-glacier-iceberg.html
might be nothing to do with it but you've got to ask yourself the question.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #527 on: 30 April, 2014, 06:48:15 pm »
saw this in the news recently suspiciously just after the plane went missing:
http://www.livescience.com/38078-pine-island-glacier-iceberg.html
might be nothing to do with it but you've got to ask yourself the question.

Only if you're a loony tune...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #528 on: 30 April, 2014, 06:57:57 pm »
I can't be bothered to trawl through the thread but I take it that we do all know that the US did have a top secret underground nuclear powered arctic base?

« Reply #529 on: 30 April, 2014, 07:00:05 pm »
I can't be bothered to trawl through the thread but I take it that we do all know that the US did have a top secret underground nuclear powered arctic base?

The plane was last seen a long way from the Arctic.

« Reply #530 on: 30 April, 2014, 07:03:38 pm »
What makes you think there is only one Arctic??

Regulator

« Reply #531 on: 30 April, 2014, 07:18:50 pm »

I thought that it was the Umbrella Corporation..?

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #532 on: 30 April, 2014, 07:23:42 pm »
No, there really was  ;D  I'm not shitting you

Regulator

« Reply #533 on: 30 April, 2014, 07:44:55 pm »
No, there really was  ;D  I'm not shitting you

Poject Iceworm you mean?  It never really got much further than Camp Century and that wasn't really that secret (although the Project Iceworm proposal was) - after all, it was visited by the Boy Scouts whilst it was open...

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #534 on: 30 April, 2014, 07:58:35 pm »
No, not Iceworm. The other one.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #535 on: 30 April, 2014, 10:02:53 pm »

I KNEW someone had seen it.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #536 on: 01 May, 2014, 08:20:24 am »

What's that got to do with it?
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #537 on: 01 May, 2014, 10:19:52 am »
A look at the websites history may help

http://web.archive.org/web/20110128130011/http://georesonance.com/

Starts off in Jan 2011 offering Holistic healing and becomes its current version in Apr 2014 - some time after the plane went missing  ;D

Well, the domain name was transferred, so the holistic healing company is probably unrelated to the "remote sensing" company.

~

The bullshits the same so it's very likely the same people but who knows
Current address is in Adelaide, but the person named on the old site offers massage, floating in an enclosed tank, etc. from an address in Illinois. And looks like this -
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #538 on: 01 May, 2014, 11:50:36 am »

HAVE YOU SEEN THIS WOMAN?
Last known whereabouts: underground nuclear-powered Arctic baseTOP SECRET
This person is DANGEROUS and members of the public are warned
NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TO PART WITH ANY MONEY for services she claims to offer.
She may be dressed as BATMAN or TIM C.
Uses the aliases BEN T and INCREDIBLE HULK.
Reward offered for information leading to NARWHALS

Contact Detective Chief Inspector Dan Brown on 666999

for your free plastic unicorn!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #539 on: 01 May, 2014, 11:59:00 am »
What makes you think there is only one Arctic??

Oh, you're thinking of the one with the ants. Maybe the ants were attempting to lure the plane South to facilitate their plans for world domination.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #540 on: 01 May, 2014, 12:08:12 pm »
I think you'll find those were ents. Easy mistake to make.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #543 on: 12 May, 2014, 08:26:38 am »
Step in Inmarsat:

UK satellite operator Inmarsat is to offer a free, basic tracking service to all the world's passenger airliners...

..The offer follows the case of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which disappeared without trace on 8 March...

Our equipment is on 90% of the world's wide-body jets already*. This is an immediate fix for the industry at no cost to the industry," Inmarsat senior vice-president Chris McLaughlin told BBC News...

..Cost is one of the reasons often cited for the reluctance of airlines to routinely use satellite tracking...

..Many observers were incredulous that a Boeing 777 could simply vanish, that its identification systems could be deliberately disabled in the cockpit, and that once the aircraft flew beyond the range of radar it was essentially invisible...

..[Inmarsat]already does something similar in the maritime sector. All distress calls from ships are relayed over its network free of charge...

..The official leading the hunt for the missing airliner says a full search of the suspected crash area could take up to a year.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27369288

*in the form of other devices, presumably.

« Reply #544 on: 27 May, 2014, 01:27:01 am »
Been there, searched that ...   ;D

At the frequency and amplitude that the black box was pushing out, the depth of water, our Deep Diving Depth and the sensitivity of the sonar (not the main one, the one that looks downwards) we reckoned it would have taken us 2 1/2 years to cover the search area with any significant degree of confidence. On the other hand, we had an unplanned week's OSP in Fremantle over ANZAC day.
Allow me to explain through the medium of interpretive dance

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #545 on: 27 May, 2014, 07:37:41 am »
 :thumbsup:

On a side note, I am amazed that you are allowed to discuss where her majesty's subs are patrolling.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #546 on: 27 May, 2014, 08:05:07 am »
Must have been like a traffic jam down there

Regulator

« Reply #547 on: 27 May, 2014, 08:14:03 am »
:thumbsup:

On a side note, I am amazed that you are allowed to discuss where her majesty's subs are patrolling.

The MoD has said that it was sending subs to help the search...

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #548 on: 08 June, 2014, 06:40:57 pm »
..trying to suggest there weren't subs in the area anyway.  Or maybe there weren't but they are trying to make us think they'd tell us that they were sending one to cover up the fact that there wasn't one and there is a gap in our world surveillance program. Which there may or may not be.

We are now looking for a whistle-blower on the not unsurprising assumption that someone out there knows more that they are letting on:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/world-news/165000-missing-malaysia-jet-mh370-whistleblower-fund-set-up

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #549 on: 08 June, 2014, 09:21:58 pm »
..trying to suggest there weren't subs in the area anyway.  Or maybe there weren't but they are trying to make us think they'd tell us that they were sending one to cover up the fact that there wasn't one and there is a gap in our world surveillance program. Which there may or may not be.

We are now looking for a whistle-blower on the not unsurprising assumption that someone out there knows more that they are letting on:

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/news/world-news/165000-missing-malaysia-jet-mh370-whistleblower-fund-set-up

As one of the crew of that submarine is a contributor to this thread, just four posts before yours, I think it's a bit crass to suggest that no British submarine was actually there and that it was some kind of PR spin!