Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 595149 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #3175 on: 25 January, 2015, 09:25:09 pm »
Jane and NSTN in Fatboys Diner at Trinity Buoy Wharf for brunch.  :thumbsup:
*Mopes off bemoaning the lack of pastrami on rye on the menu proffered by the new owners*

Yebbut the old owners didn't do pancakes!

*pricks up ears* Pancakes? We might have to stop avoiding rides that always end up there if they do pancakes! (Previous options for veggies was dire.)
There's a good chance you'll find more appeal in the menu of the current owners than you did in the menu of the previous owners.

:thumbsup:
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #3176 on: 25 January, 2015, 09:32:46 pm »
*Mopes off bemoaning the lack of pastrami on rye on the menu proffered by the new owners*

Yebbut the old owners didn't do pancakes!

A van driver attempted to kill me after we parted ways. A car pulled out of a junction while the van was overtaking me and rather than braking he dealt with this by trying to swerve round the back of the car hence occupying the space I was in.

I understand this passes for normal driving in Croydon. For my part I screamed, took evasive action and just about managed to get a foot down and avoid falling off. He's very lucky I couldn't catch up with him as he, too, put his foot down and just about made the lights at the next junction where I did not. Very lucky indeed as I was minded to put my D-lock through his windscreen.
That's most unfortunate and, sadly, endemic of SE Londres.
I cannot help but think that it is probably for the best for all that your D-lock  wasn't afforded the opportunity of an interface with van-knobber's windscreen.

« Reply #3177 on: 25 January, 2015, 10:15:46 pm »
Do you play the tenor horn Matthew?  *giggles* at proper instrument...

Yes and *dons Flat Cap and northern miner accent* you see French horns aren't part of a Brass Band, only Wind Bands and Orchestra, Tenor horns are in Brass Bands but not wind bands and Orchestra.
No Matthew here though!

Funny enough, I was in Bloomsbury today but here to serve lunch to 60.

jane

• Mad pie-hating female
« Reply #3178 on: 01 February, 2015, 09:14:19 am »
Yesterday, from the 171 bus travelling through Crofton Park on the way to Brockley to pick up one of our loan bikes, Jurek, fixie dismounting perhaps en route to Arloe and Moes for brunch?  Also saw two more cycling mates a few seconds later (but not YACFers) riding southwards along Brockley Rd.  Then two more in Brockley itself.   

« Reply #3179 on: 01 February, 2015, 09:50:12 am »
Yesterday, from the 171 bus travelling through Crofton Park on the way to Brockley to pick up one of our loan bikes, Jurek, fixie dismounting perhaps en route to Arloe and Moes for brunch?  Also saw two more cycling mates a few seconds later (but not YACFers) riding southwards along Brockley Rd.  Then two more in Brockley itself.
That was the plan.
On no fewer than two occasions yesterday.
However, on each occasion, by the time I'd locked up the bike, the only remaining table in the place had been taken.
Gah! They were rammed!

« Reply #3180 on: 01 February, 2015, 11:09:18 am »
Yebbut the old owners didn't do pancakes!  ...

Did someone say pancakes?

;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3181 on: 03 February, 2015, 04:58:11 pm »
Nikki, heading in the opposite direction on the Silly Oak bypass.

« Reply #3182 on: 03 February, 2015, 05:16:27 pm »
I spotted someone who looked remarkably like Kim, except they were very ...upright.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3183 on: 07 February, 2015, 07:33:41 pm »
The ever lovely, and even more cheery than normal, Ruthie, on our sofa and at our dinner table today, after she had taken TLD for a birthday treat at the cinema.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #3184 on: 08 February, 2015, 05:48:08 pm »
Ooh: happy birthday to TLD!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #3185 on: 09 February, 2015, 04:43:19 pm »
After a several of near misses over my years of participation in this fine community I have finally managed to tick Valiant off in my YACFer spotting book, and what's more he showed me his very splendid Town Hall, fed me copious TEA and we bonded over our shared understanding of the importance of proper projector maintenance and, in particular, filter cleaning. After a day of looking at AV solutions for education at the BETT show there can be few better people to discuss such matters with I reckon  :D

It was a long time in the making but it finally happend :D
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3186 on: 14 February, 2015, 09:42:41 am »
A few days ago now - Wednesday IIRC - and I'm not sure if a forumite, but seems most likely. A tall, bearded man riding a recumbent tadpole trike up Stokes Croft - ie heading north on the A38 in central Bristol. Looked awfully familiar and I certainly don't know any recumbenteers locally, so I'm assuming he was a face known from photos etc here.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3187 on: 15 February, 2015, 10:58:49 pm »
Crinklylion and cubs.  In the dining room.  With the enamelled copper wire.

Also nikki, with her many jumpers.

And barakta, but that's an unremarkable spot.

« Reply #3188 on: 16 February, 2015, 10:30:24 pm »
Real friends don't let friends walk around the city centre for 9 hours wearing a single solitary bicycle clip.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #3189 on: 16 February, 2015, 10:34:36 pm »
Just a bicycle clip? :o
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #3190 on: 16 February, 2015, 10:39:07 pm »
That didn't take long!  :facepalm:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3191 on: 16 February, 2015, 11:38:34 pm »
Real friends don't let friends walk around the city centre for 9 hours wearing a single solitary bicycle clip.

:-[

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3192 on: 17 February, 2015, 12:25:03 pm »
I was disappointed not to spot any forumites at the Bike Show :(
Getting there...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3193 on: 17 February, 2015, 04:33:06 pm »
We were at the London Bike Show on Saturday and I earned a ticket for Revolution. They wouldn't let you track stand with your hands on the bars for longer than 12 minutes, for obvious reasons. The Hoy bike had crap front end geometry for track standing (too much wheel flop), so everybody fell off shortly after lifting the second hand.

HK might not want to go to Revolution on Friday night though and we're away the next day.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #3194 on: 18 February, 2015, 01:45:13 pm »
Andrij today, outside my office, dropping of a pair of 1" Kona P2 forks for FrankenErn the commuter bike. He was very kind in that he was riding his Moulton TSR, affording me the opportunity to ooogle its loveliness....  ;D
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3195 on: 18 February, 2015, 02:43:45 pm »
Andrij today, outside my office, dropping of a pair of 1" Kona P2 forks for FrankenErn the commuter bike. He was very kind in that he was riding his Moulton TSR, affording me the opportunity to ooogle its loveliness....  ;D

You beat me to it!  Then again, you had a 20 second walk back to your desk while I had the lovely sunny afternoon ride back home before I got online.  I win.  ;D

A pleasure to meet you, sir.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #3196 on: 22 February, 2015, 03:35:54 pm »
Paul Smith when he tracked us down in Wallington Cycles  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3197 on: 22 February, 2015, 04:07:42 pm »
Yes, that was a wonderful surprise :D
Getting there...

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3198 on: 22 February, 2015, 08:21:24 pm »
That there Arabella on a train in Norfolk. On Thursday but I've always been a bit slow.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3199 on: 26 February, 2015, 09:57:42 pm »
Not sure if she is in fact a forumite, but...

Watching the Sewing Bee (my fondness for which is the responsibility of Ruthie) tonight I wandered off to the kitchen to stick the kettle on whilst still listening.  An erudite voice followed me, talking about corsets and bloomers and historical cycling attire.  Surely it must be?  Yes indeed!  A certain bloomer-manufacturing penny-racing sociologist!