Author Topic: Forumite spotting  (Read 598487 times)

Re: Forumite spotting
« Reply #3150 on: 24 November, 2014, 10:09:44 am »
Canardly - in the Sustrans newsletter/magazine.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is...

Steph

• Fast. Fast and bulbous. But fluffy.
« Reply #3151 on: 04 December, 2014, 05:07:33 am »
Basil, Kim and Barakta across a pub table last night.
Mae angen arnaf i byw, a fe fydda'i

« Reply #3152 on: 06 December, 2014, 07:31:21 pm »
Spotted PaulR + PaulRyounger about to embark on a ride to somewhere.
I hope your ride turned out to be a fine one.

« Reply #3153 on: 11 December, 2014, 06:58:30 pm »
Could be completely mistaken, but I'm sure I just saw Lady Cav on the 18:18 from Paddington...
DJR (Dave Russell) now retired. Carbon Beone parts bin special retired to turbo trainer, Brompton broken, as was I, Whyte Suffolk dismantled and sold. Now have Mason Definition and Orbea M20i.

« Reply #3154 on: 22 December, 2014, 01:47:36 pm »
Spotted PaulR + PaulRyounger about to embark on a ride to somewhere.
I hope your ride turned out to be a fine one.

I was about to come on here to post a sighting of a Jurek with a Brompton at our front door yesterday, and found this.  Yes, we had a good ride, not very adventurous but we timed our cable car ride to coincide with a glorious sunset over south London - Dawson Heights featuring boldly on the skyline.

« Reply #3155 on: 05 January, 2015, 03:44:35 pm »
Vince, outside my house in Stroud collecting his YACF jerseys.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #3156 on: 05 January, 2015, 03:56:32 pm »
Spotted slowcoach recumbenting his way round Durham. Not today, but this is the first time I've remembered this thread since it happened. I ought to see more Durhamites given I'm a student here.

« Reply #3157 on: 06 January, 2015, 10:35:02 pm »
An odd spot:

Arrive at the brass band rehearsal to find a french horn player from the wind band being provided with a Tenor Horn (proper instrument  :P) to try out. French horn player takes one look at my water bottle and says "YACF, Yet Another Cycle Forum"

Turns out I was going to spend the evening sat next to RPhillips and would have signed him into the end of the WCW last year if he had been slightly less full value.  :demon:

Good to meet you and hope to see you playing tenor horn more frequently.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #3158 on: 07 January, 2015, 12:06:03 am »
Do you play the tenor horn Matthew?  *giggles* at proper instrument...

« Reply #3159 on: 07 January, 2015, 09:25:41 am »

Yes and *dons Flat Cap and northern miner accent* you see French horns aren't part of a Brass Band, only Wind Bands and Orchestra, Tenor horns are in Brass Bands but not wind bands and Orchestra.

« Reply #3160 on: 07 January, 2015, 01:26:57 pm »
As I guiltily snuck out of Pret with my fake salade nicoise this lunchtime, I came face to face with Charlotte, Julian and Iris. How agreeable.  Brief chat including, of course, some awed references to teethgrinder.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3161 on: 08 January, 2015, 06:09:23 pm »
sojournermike. In a dark basement car park, this aft. Exchanging beer vouchers for bikes.

Like something out of The Ipcress File  ;D
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #3162 on: 09 January, 2015, 12:06:57 am »
sojournermike. In a dark basement car park, this aft. Exchanging beer vouchers for bikes.

Like something out of The Ipcress File  ;D

It was indeed a pleasure to meet Torslanda, despite the less than salubrious location.

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #3163 on: 09 January, 2015, 11:29:02 am »
Spotted a Gentleman on a trike riding down North Rd, Durham.  Not many trike riders around, wondered if it might be one of us.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3164 on: 10 January, 2015, 10:59:30 am »
That Meddyg arrived at the shop this morning, with a nAirnimal. Very nice man.

Closely followed by +Paul, collecting his daughter's new bike.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #3165 on: 11 January, 2015, 10:01:00 pm »
I was sitting with my back to the door in a cafe in Leatherhead today when someone said 'hello'! When I finally worked out that they were addressing me and turned round, I saw Tim Pike, formerly of this parish, which was a nice surprise! :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3166 on: 24 January, 2015, 03:31:27 am »
After a several of near misses over my years of participation in this fine community I have finally managed to tick Valiant off in my YACFer spotting book, and what's more he showed me his very splendid Town Hall, fed me copious TEA and we bonded over our shared understanding of the importance of proper projector maintenance and, in particular, filter cleaning. After a day of looking at AV solutions for education at the BETT show there can be few better people to discuss such matters with I reckon  :D

« Reply #3167 on: 25 January, 2015, 02:44:14 pm »
Jane and NSTN in Fatboys Diner at Trinity Buoy Wharf for brunch.  :thumbsup:
*Mopes off bemoaning the lack of pastrami on rye on the menu proffered by the new owners*

« Reply #3168 on: 25 January, 2015, 03:33:40 pm »
*Mopes off bemoaning the lack of pastrami on rye on the menu proffered by the new owners*

Yebbut the old owners didn't do pancakes!

A van driver attempted to kill me after we parted ways. A car pulled out of a junction while the van was overtaking me and rather than braking he dealt with this by trying to swerve round the back of the car hence occupying the space I was in.

I understand this passes for normal driving in Croydon. For my part I screamed, took evasive action and just about managed to get a foot down and avoid falling off. He's very lucky I couldn't catch up with him as he, too, put his foot down and just about made the lights at the next junction where I did not. Very lucky indeed as I was minded to put my D-lock through his windscreen.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #3169 on: 25 January, 2015, 05:26:04 pm »
My weekend also included multiple Gattopardo-spotting opportunities and spotting Charlotte, Julian and the Little Viking.  Well, actually, they spotted me from their excellent vantage point on high as I wandered myopically round the poshest 'spoons I've visited trying to find them :)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3170 on: 25 January, 2015, 08:27:49 pm »

Yes and *dons Flat Cap and northern miner accent* you see French horns aren't part of a Brass Band, only Wind Bands and Orchestra, Tenor horns are in Brass Bands but not wind bands and Orchestra.
No Matthew here though!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #3171 on: 25 January, 2015, 08:30:24 pm »
After a several of near misses over my years of participation in this fine community I have finally managed to tick Valiant off in my YACFer spotting book, and what's more he showed me his very splendid Town Hall, fed me copious TEA and we bonded over our shared understanding of the importance of proper projector maintenance and, in particular, filter cleaning. After a day of looking at AV solutions for education at the BETT show there can be few better people to discuss such matters with I reckon  :D

He's a bit of a gem is Valiant in many ways.   :thumbsup:

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #3172 on: 25 January, 2015, 08:59:36 pm »
Tomsk somewhere in Essex, obviously checking an Audax route on his fixed.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

« Reply #3173 on: 25 January, 2015, 09:09:28 pm »

*pricks up ears* Pancakes? We might have to stop avoiding rides that always end up there if they do pancakes! (Previous options for veggies was dire.)

Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #3174 on: 25 January, 2015, 09:20:02 pm »

*pricks up ears* Pancakes? We might have to stop avoiding rides that always end up there if they do pancakes! (Previous options for veggies was dire.)
There's a good chance you'll find more appeal in the menu of the current owners than you did in the menu of the previous owners.