Author Topic: Falling back in love  (Read 7025 times)

Re: Falling back in love
« Reply #25 on: 09 July, 2008, 05:20:45 pm »
That was one of those pivotal moments in your life Scott.  If you'd kept it, your life could have changed forever. Think where you could be now...

...and whether your medical insurance would cover it :)

;D You had me there with that "pivotal moment" bit, just for a second, before sanity kicked in, and I had the same thought about health insurance.

Still, I have to say that reading Andy Gates's account of his off-road fixed race on 63xc.com (the "Mallet" link above) always makes me crack up. Andy is my crash-test dummy.  ;)

I have most of the pieces of a two-speed fixed project, but haven't really pursued it. But it's intended to be a trail-ish bike. Where did that sanity go again?
scottclark.photoshelter.com

« Reply #26 on: 09 July, 2008, 05:24:41 pm »
DO it!!!

Moment for me was the other weekend tearing around the stupid cycle track put down in local woodlands.   Suddenly it changed from cycling to skiing, the way you can carve the back of the bike round each turn and when slowing to avoid pedestrians.

Even when I lost the front wheel thanks to the crap surfacing it didn't matter, I caught it without thinking.

And as for steep downhill on wet grass ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

border-rider

« Reply #27 on: 09 July, 2008, 05:28:32 pm »
DO it!!!

Moment for me was the other weekend tearing around the stupid cycle track put down in local woodlands.   Suddenly it changed from cycling to skiing, the way you can carve the back of the bike round each turn and when slowing to avoid pedestrians.

Even when I lost the front wheel thanks to the crap surfacing it didn't matter, I caught it without thinking.

And as for steep downhill on wet grass ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

It is a hell of a laugh

The fixed MTB is the only bike to make me laugh outloud while (trying) to ride it.  I don't have Nutty's ninja ski skills though.

« Reply #28 on: 09 July, 2008, 05:28:54 pm »
DO it!!!

Why is it that every time I mention this bike project some goggle-eyed raving nutcase cyclist pushes me to finish it? Must be a plot to do me in. Has the entire forum taking out life insurance on me?
scottclark.photoshelter.com

Chris N

« Reply #29 on: 09 July, 2008, 06:29:47 pm »
It is a hell of a laugh

The fixed MTB is the only bike to make me laugh outloud while (trying) to ride it. 

And me.  The reaction from other MTBers is good too. :D

« Reply #30 on: 09 July, 2008, 10:29:56 pm »
Must say you surprised me there rather a lot, Mal!  I *really* didn't expect you to be not riding fixed for more than a period of days.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

Maladict

« Reply #31 on: 09 July, 2008, 10:44:44 pm »
There should be enough time to get fit again for LEL  ;) :demon:

border-rider

« Reply #32 on: 09 July, 2008, 10:47:30 pm »

Can't say it's appealing at the mo.

Mrs MV seems to think I'm doing it, so it is possible.  But unlikely, I think.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #33 on: 10 July, 2008, 02:35:53 am »

Can't say it's appealing at the mo.

Mrs MV seems to think I'm doing it, so it is possible.  But unlikely, I think.

Without the buzz and roadside support of PBP, why?  How many times do you want to ride the same event, although Mr Spooner might disagree.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...