Author Topic: October Critical Mass  (Read 2786 times)

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
October Critical Mass
« on: 31 October, 2008, 09:17:22 am »
As we don't have a thread yet, I've started one.

Tonight is the last Friday of the month.

Usual place. From there to pancakes is not very far.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Re: October Critical Mass
« Reply #1 on: 31 October, 2008, 09:21:19 am »
Are you suggesting that we eschew the usual "riding around a bit and making some noise" and head straight for the fried dairy goods?
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #2 on: 31 October, 2008, 09:29:59 am »
There was some chatter here ... Does the CM Pancakes thing still happen?

I will be seeing you there.

Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 31 October, 2008, 09:33:31 am »
I'd like to do a bit of chatting, a bit of riding, a bit of noise making an then a whole lot of pancake eating...
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #4 on: 31 October, 2008, 09:35:22 am »
I am required to attend the CTC London Region AGM tonight.  With luck I may be able to get off on time and meet up with you all for pancakes, if you are all still there...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

jellied

• skip to the end
    • Ealing Bike Hub
« Reply #5 on: 31 October, 2008, 09:38:16 am »
Alas I shall be fending off hobgoblins and orcs demand sweets with meance this evening.

Hopefully the door bell switch with exposed wiring should deal with the bulk of them.
A shitter and a giggler.

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #6 on: 31 October, 2008, 09:49:34 am »
Are you suggesting that we eschew the usual "riding around a bit and making some noise" and head straight for the fried dairy goods?

Well, if it's *very* cold.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #7 on: 31 October, 2008, 09:52:22 am »
I'm in a meeting today that ends with a boozy all-afternoon lunch so rather unusually I'm not on my bike today  :-[ And tottering home after the free booze to grab my bike is probably not the best idea.*

*It's a quarterly meeting and involves sh*tloads of work on my part both before and after, so I'm damn well taking advantage of the free food/booze as compensation.

« Reply #8 on: 31 October, 2008, 03:11:48 pm »
I was hoping to make it down this month but I'm feeling very much under the weather, and, I have loads of stuff on. 

I only want to come for the good company and pancakes though ...  :thumbsup:   :P

Maybe November 28th... 

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #9 on: 31 October, 2008, 05:02:20 pm »
Tired.  Unwell.  Moving tomorrow.  Apologies.

Hope you have a good time :)
Getting there...

Che

« Reply #10 on: 31 October, 2008, 05:09:24 pm »
I must join you all for one of these, but can't tonight. Maybe next month.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #11 on: 01 November, 2008, 12:02:24 am »
The police appear to have stopped policing CM.  Which was nice when it worked, but rather unpleasant when it didn't - Elephant & Castle roundabout, anyone (in fact, whose bloody silly idea was it to go there in the first place?)

As far as I can tell from the interwebs, the Law Lords haven't delivered their judgment on CM yet.  I feel an FOI request to the Met coming on.

We peeled off for pancakes at the point where the anarchists were just warming up nicely.  Pancakes good as always.  :D

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #12 on: 01 November, 2008, 01:53:13 am »
I am required to attend the CTC London Region AGM tonight.  With luck I may be able to get off on time and meet up with you all for pancakes, if you are all still there...

I wasn't able to go to the CTC London AGM as we were hosting an Astronomers' Forum.
The last astronomer is still here!

I wonder if the notice arrangements for that meeting are unconstitutional; I thought the notice period was a bit longer than the week I had from the last email from PB...

One astronomer had been on the CM and saw some of you; he said there'd been some aggro with a cab driver but he didn't know exactly what had happened. He brought some lovely home-made cakes and some cracking astronomical pictures on a memory stick, then left to catch a train...