Author Topic: BBC SPOTY and Chris Hoy  (Read 18553 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: BBC SPOTY and Chris Hoy
« Reply #125 on: 16 December, 2008, 10:19:37 am »
I wouldn't recognise an M-Person if one walked into the room right now and tried to sell me life insurance, but an opportunity to spend a couple of hours eyeing up The Divine Miss P in a party frock is too good to ("Down with this sort of thing" - Ed.)
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #126 on: 16 December, 2008, 11:27:21 am »
I wouldn't recognise an M-Person if one walked into the room right now and tried to sell me life insurance, but an opportunity to spend a couple of hours eyeing up The Divine Miss P in a party frock is too good to ("Down with this sort of thing" - Ed.)

With your missus sat next to you?

He said what most of us were thinking. We went there as hot favourites, world champions, and were expected to win. And we delivered. Tick box, job done.

There were some exceptional performances. I don't think Bradley will go for the triple next time, maybe not even the double but instead aim for Boardmans 4000m pursuit record. The British squad has so much strength in depth that they could take Gold and silver in the IP, and with five other riders take Gold in the TP. And the same for the ladies.

The fun competition to watch will be the commonwealth games. Team sprint? Who to pick.. Two years is a long way away but look for:

England: Kenny, Crampton, and a couple of juniors whose name eludes me. (Kian Eskadi?)
Scotland: three from Hoy, Edgar, Maclean, Stewart, Bremner, Skinner

Should be one heck of a contest.. Glasgow 2014 will be even better.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #127 on: 16 December, 2008, 07:02:35 pm »
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #128 on: 17 December, 2008, 12:30:46 am »
I agree. She would have had my vote.

Her beef about not having the same events is perfectly fair.  But saying that she would have won 'em all too -- it's just hot air.  The medals were not there to be won. 
??? I think you are getting confused.
"She would have had my vote" (and mine) is Nicole Cooke, not Vicky P.