Author Topic: I still hate the new Arrivee design  (Read 21559 times)

Re: I still hate the new Arrivee design
« Reply #175 on: 28 June, 2018, 07:53:43 pm »
That is all washed out, looks like the camera used struggled with the dynamic range, got anything better?

But this kind of illustrates the point.  Riders submit the photos they have, to accompany their articles.  They may not be the best but that does not matter.  They have submitted them and taken the trouble to write an article.  I don't sit here passing judgement.
Oh, it's a shite photo, which is why it was never submitted to Arrivée or other publications, but you miss the point.

It's just a photo of someone giving a shit carrying a decent camera on a long ride. It can be done...

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #176 on: 28 June, 2018, 09:42:27 pm »
That is all washed out, looks like the camera used struggled with the dynamic range, got anything better?

But this kind of illustrates the point.  Riders submit the photos they have, to accompany their articles.  They may not be the best but that does not matter.  They have submitted them and taken the trouble to write an article.  I don't sit here passing judgement.
Oh, it's a shite photo, which is why it was never submitted to Arrivée or other publications, but you miss the point.

It's just a photo of someone giving a shit carrying a decent camera on a long ride. It can be done...
I disagree on it being a shite photo, to me it captures an endless road into the setting sun... But that's probably illustrating the difference of assessing a photo on technical merit vrs artistic composition perhaps... :)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #177 on: 28 June, 2018, 10:13:42 pm »
I think it's a very good photo and truly captures the essence of randonneuring with the endless road disappearing into the sunset. Well done that man!