Author Topic: Pivoting seat post.  (Read 1038 times)

Pivoting seat post.
« on: 16 July, 2023, 09:34:58 pm »
Some time ago I came across an interesting looking seat post that, if I remember correctly, allowed the saddle to move a couple of degrees with every pedal stroke. It looked an interesting idea.
Unfortunately I've forgotten the manufacturer and I've lost the link that I saved.
Any idea who it might be (I have looked) ?
From memory, I think I saw the idea on one of the bike fora (Cycle Rumour ?) and, I think, the manufacturer might be Korean.

Help appreciated.
Feedback and user views on the product also valuable.

Re: Pivoting seat post.
« Reply #1 on: 16 July, 2023, 10:03:12 pm »
Possibly the Cane Creek eeSilk or eeSilk+?

https://canecreek.com/seatposts-category/

« Reply #2 on: 16 July, 2023, 10:05:06 pm »
I have the eeSilk (alloy). Happy to share my thoughts if of interest.

« Reply #3 on: 16 July, 2023, 10:58:53 pm »
Thanks but no.
I'm aware of the Thudbusters, I have one on my shopping bike Enigma and it's great but not what I'm thinking of.

« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2023, 12:38:49 am »
I think I've found what I was looking for:- https://www.sq-lab.com/index.php?lang=1&#filterList

Anyone with any experience ?

Reason for asking is that I specified an expensive Fizik Aliante saddle with my new C2W GT Grade. I went for the Aliante because I have/had them on 2 of my other bikes and they just worked for me.
According to Fizik , because I can easily touch my toes, I'm a "snake" so I should be using an Arione saddle whereas the Aliante is for "bulls". Arione wasn't very comfortable.......
It seems that Fizik have, somehow, changed their saddle designs and they don't work for me any longer. Bike mechanic at my (not)LBS has had similar issues; he's changed from Fizik to other brands.
The Grade currently has the (dead) Disco's Aliante on it as a replacement for the new, expensive, Aliante that I originally used. It's so much better.
The new Topstone Lefty has a Fizik saddle on it (Terra Argo X5.) It's OK (for some definition of OK) but it's very firm so I won't ride it without padded shorts because*.......

*Think of kittens people, think of kittens.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #5 on: 29 July, 2023, 10:13:16 pm »
The SQ-Lab link doesn't show me any seatposts.

Maybe you mean the Canyon VCLS also sold without bicycle as the Ergon CF Allroad?

I have one. I think it has some effect, but possibly more so when you weight more than 60kg. It's a pain to adjust the angle of your saddle with it, but that's not an everyday adjustment is it? Personally I wouldn't bother again, but your mileage / weight may vary...

Somewhat similar in idea is the Specialized CG-R

And more like the Thudbuster is the Redshift shockstop (you can buy the seatpost separately from the handlebar stem),

« Reply #6 on: 31 July, 2023, 10:45:07 am »
I think I've found what I was looking for:- https://www.sq-lab.com/index.php?lang=1&#filterList

Anyone with any experience ?

I assume you are referring to the "active" technology saddles, which have rubber like spacers under the saddle which are meant to provide some side to side flex as you pedal, they provide 3 spacers of varying softness/hardness to increase / moderate the flex.

About 5 years ago a very well respected local fitter highly recommended these so i gave them a go but turned out to not do anything for me and I only used it for a few hundred kms until it was consigned to the very large "not for me" saddle bin in the shed, moderately expensive too, I can't recommend them

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #7 on: 31 July, 2023, 12:36:07 pm »
I have one like this

It's made of two chunks of carbon and flexes a bit.  Bought it a while ago but just started using it it, it's nice