Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 877162 times)

LEE

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #2900 on: 02 January, 2013, 12:09:42 pm »

Roll on Spring

If I ever own one of their bicycles, I must have one of those jerseys.

I recently became the owner of a Pinarello (but I think that (lovely) jersey may give people the wrong impression of the bike I was going to ride away from the cafe on).

« Reply #2901 on: 03 January, 2013, 10:19:59 pm »
Thumb shifters for Miss Dan the Elder's bike, as the twist shifts aren't working for her - too stiff with too little leverage. Success or lack of it should be reported in what have you fettled today tomorrow.  :)

fuzzy

« Reply #2902 on: 04 January, 2013, 08:57:53 am »
New pads for G G G Granvilles front brakes.

Staff discount is a wonderful thing :thumbsup:

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #2903 on: 04 January, 2013, 09:40:14 am »
AUK Membership renewal.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #2904 on: 04 January, 2013, 03:02:45 pm »
(arrived) time atac cleats; the original ones are still usable, if wobbly, after about 20k km of commuting, social riding and audaxing.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #2905 on: 04 January, 2013, 03:29:51 pm »
2* compact digital cameras, as the previous ones have suffered at the hands of me and Mrs T (hers the lens protection shutter is sticking and mine has been dropped on it's head one too many times).

Mine is a rugged one, in ORANGE and Mrs T's is, yes you have guessed it, PURPLE!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #2906 on: 04 January, 2013, 04:08:13 pm »
A new Carradice Pendle in green with honey straps, has turned up.  I haven't opened the packaging, so I don't yet know who's fair hands created it.

ETA:   It's a Carol.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2907 on: 04 January, 2013, 04:43:42 pm »
Treated myself to a helmet camera which arrived yesterday - strapped it to the bike for my lunchtime ride today. Very pleased with the results :thumbsup:

Also ordered some new pedals as I've decided to give the singlespeed a new lease of life and it had donated its pedals elsewhere and a 'mud shovel' rear mudguard for the Pugsley

« Reply #2908 on: 04 January, 2013, 04:49:21 pm »
A couple of new 26" Marathon Plus tyres for Vince.

The Armadillo's that are currently in use are around seven or eight years old, and starting to come apart (literally).

I'm in two minds whether to risk the rear tyre on the commute tonight, but given that the alternative is to use public transport, without my Kindle, so I'll have to spend the ride looking at my fellow passengers, or out the (dark) windows, I think I'll risk it, and cycle back home, so at least my bike is in the correct place when the tyres arrive!
Actually, it is rocket science.

handcyclist

• watch for my signal
« Reply #2909 on: 04 January, 2013, 04:50:10 pm »
Treated myself to a helmet camera which arrived yesterday - strapped it to the bike for my lunchtime ride today. Very pleased with the results :thumbsup:

Which one did you get?
Doubt is is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.

« Reply #2910 on: 04 January, 2013, 04:50:40 pm »
I spent my Christmas money from my dad on a Garmin Edge 800 which arrived today  :thumbsup:

Now I need to work how it works and differs from the 705. My 705 still works but the battery only lasts a couple of hours now after 2.5 years of constant service.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2911 on: 04 January, 2013, 04:54:36 pm »

Which one did you get?

One of these

A DogCam Bullet HD Wide, only used it to see how well it worked. Strapped it to the frame and took it for a ride. Technically the quality is great, contentwise it might not be to everyone's taste  :-\

« Reply #2912 on: 04 January, 2013, 06:13:21 pm »
I spent my Christmas money from my dad on a Garmin Edge 800 which arrived today  :thumbsup:

Now I need to work how it works and differs from the 705. My 705 still works but the battery only lasts a couple of hours now after 2.5 years of constant service.

The 800 is ace. But my battery is slowly dying (had it for two years) and I'm looking forward to the next new one...

I bought a new front tyre. 700c x 32 Specialized Armadillo thing... after finding an inch long gash in the sidewall of my old tire. Joy!

« Reply #2913 on: 04 January, 2013, 06:19:58 pm »
2 new cassettes and chains for winter bikes. Wet and dirty conditions seems to have hastened their replacement.

« Reply #2914 on: 04 January, 2013, 06:32:38 pm »
Some new bar tape as well.

Some one at CRC needs to order some plastic postal envelopes though.....

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #2915 on: 04 January, 2013, 07:04:47 pm »
(arrived) time atac cleats; the original ones are still usable, if wobbly, after about 20k km of commuting, social riding and audaxing.

Ha, I read that as 20km not 20k km and thought that's not very good.  :facepalm:
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #2916 on: 04 January, 2013, 07:57:25 pm »
To be clear, he's on about 20 Mm ;)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #2917 on: 04 January, 2013, 08:06:18 pm »
A pair of Endura Deluge zip-less neoprene overshoes.
They are to replace a pair of similar but zipped Endura overshoes that had lasted 4 winters before one of the zips broke.
The new ones take a bit of effort to get them on when I'm holding the bike shoe in my hand. I think it'll be easier when I'm actually wearing the shoes.

« Reply #2918 on: 04 January, 2013, 08:16:10 pm »
To be clear, he's on about 20 Mm ;)

... or 20 Gmm. ;D

(although strictly speaking, I don't think you're supposed to concatenate multipliers).
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #2919 on: 04 January, 2013, 08:19:01 pm »
Some PD A520s on sale at Amazon for £25.

« Reply #2920 on: 04 January, 2013, 09:52:14 pm »
So chuffed with the long sleeved on I got a short sleeve Endura Baa Baa to go under it, warm and dry yaaaaay
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #2921 on: 05 January, 2013, 12:38:24 pm »
A set of Midge bars and an 80mm stem for the orange Genesis. This, in turn, will necessitate the purchase of some suitably orange bar tape.

I've spent so long riding the fixed (which was fitted with Midges a good while ago) that I can no longer get on with the shallow drop Genesis bars. Plus ca change, and all that.

« Reply #2922 on: 05 January, 2013, 02:10:29 pm »
My cap and lights from PlanetX arrived this morning and the brackets do match my dead lights so now I can swap between two bikes easily.  :thumbsup:

And just paid for a Bagman2 for my new bike, not that I have a new bike yet (soon though my precious)  :thumbsup:
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2923 on: 05 January, 2013, 04:51:52 pm »
In a remarkable feat of self-restraint, a visit to Decathlon with barakta and nikki OTP ended with me buying little more than a pair of overshoes.

« Reply #2924 on: 05 January, 2013, 04:58:17 pm »
A Ritchy 90mm stem to get the reach right on my new bike.