Author Topic: Bought any cycling stuff today?  (Read 876988 times)

Re: Bought any cycling stuff today?
« Reply #4375 on: 09 February, 2015, 07:51:10 pm »
A Hope V twin to replace the BB7s on the Disco.
First impressions are that the response is very quick but the actual stopping power is lower than the BB7s.
I hope this is because the pads need bedding in.

« Reply #4376 on: 09 February, 2015, 08:34:10 pm »
Cable ties - a pack of 250 in varying sizes for two quid from Lidl.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #4377 on: 10 February, 2015, 08:20:41 pm »
New shoes, pedals and tights awaited me when I got back to the flat this evening.

No, I'm not utilising the Switzerland's low VAT rate to stock up on kit from German internet bike shops.  Not at all.

« Reply #4378 on: 11 February, 2015, 07:47:16 am »
A turbo trainer. I'm hoping this will have Rainlegs-like qualities of keeping the foul weather away, but if that doesn't work I can try actually using it.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4379 on: 13 February, 2015, 09:23:15 am »
A pack of 20 (10 male and 10 female) Tamiya connectors, including pins.

This is so I can rewire the 3 batteries and 2 lights that use interference fit connectors so that they don't switch themselves off at the most inopportune moment (like when hitting 15mph through a pitch black dark stand of trees!)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4380 on: 13 February, 2015, 11:02:45 am »
I have a Tamiya in my backlight cable so that I can take the rack off without wiring problems.  Got a really solid drenching last year, no problems.

Not buying anything today, but reviewing old anoraks etc in wardrobe with a view to pinching an elastic drawstring & toggle to go on top of my Koala

I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #4381 on: 13 February, 2015, 11:39:15 am »
A new chain - and about time too.

Went for the Ultegra 10spd chain, which was only 34p more expensive on Wiggle than the 105 10spd chain was on ChainReaction.

Luckily I already have a replacement cassette what I got ages ago from PBK when they were doing a two-for-one offer.

Looking forward to the return of smooth shifting. Although this might also require some front mech fettling.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #4382 on: 13 February, 2015, 02:02:20 pm »
a neon green wowow hi-viz vest for pbp! it packs smaller and suits my needs better than the official vest.

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #4383 on: 13 February, 2015, 11:49:47 pm »
A Lezyne Micro floor drive pumpin' t'ing.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #4384 on: 16 February, 2015, 06:09:27 pm »
Visit the french purveyor of sporting goods (Decathlon) yesterday
A pair of Vittoria Randonneur 26x1.5 tyres to replace the 26x1.75 Schwalbe Land Cruiser tyres on my BTwin Rockrider 5.2 (with On-one rigid fork) MTB   / soon to be commuter
A pair of Btwin 720 winter gloves in size 2XL :o - fed up of the inner liner on my Aldi winter gloves pulling out when I take them off!  Hopefully these Btwin ones will be better

A set of Shimano M520 pedals to replace the worn ones which I fitted to my new audax bike.   :smug:

And a cute wee 2.5L handlebar bag, should be ideal for holding audax munchies!   :D

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4385 on: 20 February, 2015, 07:53:36 pm »
A pair of Endura Humvee full length trousers. First thoughts are very positive. The pockets are a bit smaller than the 3/4s, but they are styled to look a little more like normal trousers - should be good for touring in :)

Also a Berghaus Ignite primaloft jacket which is sort of for cycling as it's for packing in a pannier and wearing on the campsite in the evening.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #4386 on: 20 February, 2015, 08:01:02 pm »
A pair of assos shorts from the outlet store. Price merely ridiculous rather than insane. Mind you I bought my last pair in 2003 so they should see me out etc....
Old fat and slow

« Reply #4387 on: 21 February, 2015, 07:22:54 am »
Not strictly cycling stuff, but they're for use in bike lights...some lovely purple Eneloops. :thumbsup:

« Reply #4388 on: 23 February, 2015, 02:12:36 pm »
A new helmet.   

I'm not for compunction but given what my old one did for me yesterday I don't see me ever riding without one again.   

I bought a Giro Phase from Cycle Surgery for £48.99.   Similar spec to the ageing Giro Havoc that was sacrificed between my noggin and the tarmac and quite a decent deal at that price imo.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4389 on: 23 February, 2015, 02:17:43 pm »
New 35mm Marathon for the tourer yesterday. The old rear is looking rather bald and beaten up, and Halfords had one reduced.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4390 on: 23 February, 2015, 02:18:45 pm »
A new helmet.   

I'm not for compunction but given what my old one did for me yesterday I don't see me ever riding without one again.   

I bought a Giro Phase from Cycle Surgery for £48.99.   Similar spec to the ageing Giro Havoc that was sacrificed between my noggin and the tarmac and quite a decent deal at that price imo.

Are you going to commission nikki to fit it with lamp post detecting sonar?   ;D

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #4391 on: 23 February, 2015, 09:08:46 pm »
I bought a tube and a Schwalbe tyre. Not sure which it was enforced. It cost me £30 so  it should be a good one. I really must take a look at it to see what is.  See On the commute for reason.

« Reply #4392 on: 23 February, 2015, 10:40:27 pm »
I bought a new CO2 inflator head (my old one mysteriously lost its spikey thing in the middle that allowed it to actually puncture the cartridge).
Also new Durano 25mm tyre (my rear tyre on the Sabbath had mysterious faerie visitations last thursday and is now old so bye bye).
A DHB base layer (I struggle to cope with merino against my skin and these polyester ones are v good for the money).

My birthday prize from Simon back from Rapha after a size swap- womens brevet jersey and gilet. I am definitely in Medium territory in the womans Rapha sizing at the moment!

« Reply #4393 on: 25 February, 2015, 02:24:12 pm »
A Trek Emonda. I'm currently having some cake to celebrate n+1.

« Reply #4394 on: 25 February, 2015, 04:24:19 pm »
Wow!
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4395 on: 25 February, 2015, 04:28:04 pm »
Wow!

Not sure that's really his style :P
A Trek Emonda. I'm currently having some cake to celebrate n+1.
TPIUWP - just sayin ;D

« Reply #4396 on: 25 February, 2015, 04:41:32 pm »
There will be pics. But it's not purple!

Aunt Maud

• Le Flâneur.
« Reply #4397 on: 25 February, 2015, 04:46:52 pm »
I bought Dad's garage a shiny Park Tool mobile workshop stand for fettling my push iron on.

« Reply #4398 on: 25 February, 2015, 06:13:09 pm »
Don't know yet - bid on an item on "The Bay".

Waiting for the item to close tonight, then I'll let you know.

Cheeky bid - might not work out, but you can just be lucky sometimes.

I expect I'll get Sniped.

Keep you posted.

fuzzy

« Reply #4399 on: 26 February, 2015, 01:48:42 pm »
Not bought today- paid for a many of weeks ago but, took delivery today of two Top End Excelerator XLT handcycles for the school. Ours are red.  :thumbsup:

Just unpacked and assembled. Awaiting a spare moment or several to test ride 8)

ETA. Wow! Test ride complete- apart from maybe needing to lengthen the crank boom for my legs, that was a hoot :D