Author Topic: Not riding much... <Sigh>  (Read 2647 times)

Not riding much... <Sigh>
« on: 19 April, 2008, 12:01:30 pm »
Sacrebleu... the weather's awful (the whole family is rather downbeat after a wonderful (local) autumn in South America), I am a bit tired and have come back to a pile of work and don't know where to start really and seem to be procrastanating a lot! In 4 weeks I have only ridden my folder to work and on rather short distances. Boooh! Not much I can contribute to in terms of cycling and cycling chats these days.  :(

Better sign off and go and do some work. <Sigh>
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

Re: Not riding much... <Sigh>
« Reply #1 on: 19 April, 2008, 01:49:39 pm »
Cheer up Frenchie, its cold, but its slowly getting warmer, and its not hailed much this week! The northerly wind makes a change!
I seem toremember that a short break never seems to do your form any harm.
Get on with earning enough brownie  points so we can get out tomorrow.

« Reply #2 on: 19 April, 2008, 02:08:00 pm »
Don't worry Frenchie. Knowing your love of the bike and sticking power you will be back on top cycling form in no time.  :P

« Reply #3 on: 19 April, 2008, 07:16:34 pm »
Well I'm picking Julian up tomorrow at 9:30, so there's no chickening out even if it is cold! I have been too lazy lately.

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
« Reply #4 on: 19 April, 2008, 08:04:51 pm »
Well I'm picking Julian up tomorrow at 9:30, so there's no chickening out even if it is cold! I have been too lazy lately.

Yes, Frenchie, you have been lazy.
At 9.30 tomorrow, I expect to be in bed, listening to BH on radio 4, and drinking tea.  ;D ;D

« Reply #5 on: 19 April, 2008, 10:12:29 pm »

Yes, Frenchie, you have been lazy.
At 9.30 tomorrow, I expect to be in bed, listening to BH on radio 4, and drinking tea.  ;D ;D

I will have been on the bike for about 30 min. by then. I'll take the slow Pompino tomorrow so as to have an excuse for being pedestrian!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #6 on: 20 April, 2008, 09:07:04 am »
I don't know where Julian's northerly wind is. Where I am it's a biting north-easterly, which gives the impression of being rather colder.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #7 on: 20 April, 2008, 02:07:59 pm »
Went out at the time you posted Wow. It was okay. Back home 2h30 later, in the rain and with a rising wind. But I'm glad I went out. If I keep at it it'll come back. The Mercian has just had an overhaul, so when I get it back and the sun's shining I may feel a lot better!