Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)  (Read 2995478 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: The RANT thread...
« Reply #900 on: 21 November, 2008, 01:37:41 pm »
And 'vulnerable' has a fucking 'L' in it, you fuckwit toff!
Getting there...

alan

« Reply #901 on: 21 November, 2008, 01:42:35 pm »
Junk mail.
I don't think I need to elaborate >:(

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #902 on: 21 November, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »
Oi.  Publicans. 
If you’re running what you claim to be a Real Ale pub (and even advertise it on tinternet as such), it’s no good just having a blackboard giving the price, specific gravity and a 1-5 grading for colour.
What’s the colour for?  I don’t care what colour it is.  I want to know what it tastes like.  I happen to not like hoppy beers.  So when I ask your bar staff which of the myriad of stupidly named beers I see are “Not too hoppy – more malty please”, why have they absolutely no idea?
I ended up with a beer whose colour hopefully went tastefully well with my shirt.  It tasted OK but I bet there was one I’d have liked better.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #903 on: 21 November, 2008, 03:41:42 pm »
Awww - diddums!  Is da poor middw cwarss lady hard done by, is she?

Get over it.  This is the NHS.  We do what we can on the little we have available, and no, we do NOT get half your salary, or anything like.

You have an appointment - two, in fact.  Good.  Most people would be happy and not whinge for twenty minutes about everything that pops into their little airhead brain.

And I really don't care who you work for, so don't bother repeating it every few seconds.  Or I might give you my opinion of them and what they've done for us!

>:(
Getting there...

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #904 on: 21 November, 2008, 03:52:52 pm »
Have you had a spell at GP Reception School, Clarion?  :-\

I imagine this to be a turreted, or at the very least garreted, castle in the gloomy, grey moors somewhere.  Its graduates are slab-faced receptionists who are able to make offering you an appointment seem akin to a lottery win.  An appointment at your convenience would just be too much to ask for, so don't bother.  The A students are able to convey in a single glance that you're wasting their time, being a nuisance, are probably rich enough to afford BUPA and really ought to piss off and die in a gutter like the decent working folk.  (The decent working folk of course are dying in a gutter because they were unable to arrange an appointment).

In the postgraduate course, you do communication skills level 2:  mispronouncing the names of every patient, repeating the name of any embarrassing ailments in a really loud voice, or informing the whole waiting room and most hearing adults within a two mile radius that your urine sample came back positive.

Of course, if by some miracle there is something that would be helpful to a patient, and they find out about it by accident and make the mistake of asking why you didn't tell them about this in the first place, you can use the combination hiss / sigh as you tell them that it's on the wall! - because of course most people spend their spare time combing the GP's surgery walls for information before merely asking for it.

<--------- has been trying to make GP appointments, to little avail

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #905 on: 21 November, 2008, 04:03:30 pm »
You need to move to our area, where our receptionists are always smiling and helpful (no - really!), and the Practice Manager is prepared to listen to overprivileged cows whining about how terrible it is that we don't take time off from burning banknotes and bathing in gold to give her exactly what she wants immediately.

Just be prepared that, after a certain amount of time & effort being concerned, I might need to vent on the interweb...
Getting there...

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #906 on: 21 November, 2008, 04:05:39 pm »
Actually, the receptionists at my new surgery are far, far better than the ones at my old surgery in Dalston, who were evil witches.  An' I'm only ribbin' you, not being mean.  :-*

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #907 on: 21 November, 2008, 04:07:44 pm »
Sorry for the omission, but my shipment of ;D ;D ;D was late ;)

:-*
Getting there...

« Reply #908 on: 21 November, 2008, 04:09:48 pm »
oi! This is the rant thread not blowing bloody kisses at each other thread!  Stoppit!!

And you, the idiot client asking stupid bloody questions.  It's 4.00 on a friday, just f8ck off till Monday whydontcha?

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #909 on: 21 November, 2008, 04:11:38 pm »
In this part of the world, some fathers make appointments for their daughters to see the doctor because the said daughter is working in London most of the time, and they they tell their daughters that the appointment is an hour later than it really is. :-[
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #910 on: 21 November, 2008, 04:14:46 pm »
Oi! BentMikey! Post your bike Pr0n already!
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

Chris S

« Reply #911 on: 21 November, 2008, 08:33:51 pm »
Aaaarrrrrghh!

Teenagers  >:(

I was about to make a positive comment, but you let go with both barrels and the conversation entered a minefield. If I say nothing, one person gets upset and the dinner table ambiance turns to piss and vinegar; continue the conversation and something bad fueled by hormones could well occur.

Like I said.

Aaaarrrrrghh!

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #912 on: 21 November, 2008, 10:19:35 pm »
To the bloke who passed me and the other queuing traffic waiting to turn right onto Ellon Road. When I caught up with you on King Street in the snow (what was the point in you riding to the front of the queue and then riding off at a snail's pace??) I thought that you had no rear light. It was only when I caught right up with you that I realised that your light was completely obscured by the big reflector on your rack.
This is what I was trying to tell you as I passed you.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #913 on: 21 November, 2008, 10:41:23 pm »
To the complete dumb-ass member of my team - no you are not being picked on by everyone else, when you start shouting at people and they do not then invite you out to lunch with them it is not being victimised. You are a bully, you twat!  So there is no point phoning me in tears!  You have to change not everyone else.  You are the one with the problem, and you have been told repeatedly about your behaviour.  You have been supported, you continue to be a complete f***wit and it's going to stop.  Oh how close I was to telling you what I thought of you in front of everyone....but I like my job.  And you are not worth it.

<I expect I may be back on this thread soon when I raise this issue with the team member...>

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #914 on: 21 November, 2008, 11:26:42 pm »
Maybe they only carry a small stock...

They had more than twice what I had carried to the checkout.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #915 on: 23 November, 2008, 01:16:53 pm »
Digibox - when I tell you to record Spooks, I expect you to record Spooks, not give me a message telling me you didn't bother.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #916 on: 23 November, 2008, 01:22:40 pm »
Oi you, yes YOU.

No, I know you diodn't see me,that is because you have yet to clear the snow off your car windows. Just the area swept by the windscreen wipers is not sufficient.

And the roof to, cos when you brake that 2" layer of snow will flow forwards and cover your windscreen. It doesn't take long, JFDI or don't drive.

..d
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #917 on: 23 November, 2008, 03:02:16 pm »
Digibox - when I tell you to record Spooks, I expect you to record Spooks, not give me a message telling you you didn't bother.
Kirst, I think hope we recorded it on good old VHS, if you remember that. Happy to send it on, if you don't want the BBCi option?
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #918 on: 24 November, 2008, 09:25:16 am »
I couldn't get the BBCi version as I still have no internet (24 hours to go, 24 hours to go) so I went round to a friend's yesterday and watched it there. Stupid bloody digibox. Thanks for the offer though.  :)
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #919 on: 24 November, 2008, 09:37:30 am »
Oi, clarion!

You haven't posted a rant in 2.5 days.  Stop slacking!

;)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #920 on: 24 November, 2008, 09:45:40 am »
Maybe they only carry a small stock...

They had more than twice what I had carried to the checkout.

..d

Oh. I can't pretend to understand then.

1.5kg fructose is a piffling quantity and little 250g boxes are silly when you're cooking/catering.

fuzzy

« Reply #921 on: 24 November, 2008, 10:53:47 am »
Dear **.

As you know, you made my working life, and therefore some of my privarte life, a complete misery for about 18 months. That is one of the reasons I nearly had a breakdown and decided to seek another position.

The last 11 months or so have been an absolute joy.

Bearing the above in mind, don't you dare follow through on your expressed interest in the soon to be vacated position as my departments Detective Sergeant.

I explained that I could no longer work for you before I left. This sentiment still stands. You have the people skills of a tinpot dictator. Keep away from me!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #922 on: 24 November, 2008, 11:23:57 am »
Oi, clarion!

You haven't posted a rant in 2.5 days.  Stop slacking!

;)

Funny you should mention it... ;)
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #923 on: 24 November, 2008, 11:25:37 am »
I don't mind following up an underpayment, but when:

a) It was in the last financial year

and

b) You don't have the invoice numbers, amounts or dates to hand, nor the payment details

you could understand how it might be a bit annoying...
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #924 on: 24 November, 2008, 11:27:53 am »
Bloody PC!

Bloody mouse!

When I want a double-click, I'll flippin well click twice - is that a suitable arrangement? >:(

And, should I try a different mouse, don't go having a noisy strop.  You're a Dell, the mouse is a Dell - what is your problem?!

Can I get on with some work, now, please? >:(
Getting there...