Author Topic: Bob Martin "Spot on" Flea Treatment  (Read 2051 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Bob Martin "Spot on" Flea Treatment
« on: 22 July, 2009, 08:49:48 pm »
I've used this stuff to no effect on our flea-ridden pooch. He is still covered in fleas despite using 3 months' treatment in 3 weeks (minimum period recommended between treatments is 7 days).

I have this evening looked for an alternative flea treatment and in so doing have stumbled across some real horror stories concerning dogs and cats that have died within hours of being treated with Bob Martin's stuff.

Bob Martin Flea Products - Review - BEWARE OF BOB MARTIN SPOT ON FLEA TREATMENT FOR CATS

Bob Martin Flea & Tick Spot On : Read reviews and compare prices at Ciao.co.uk

Bob Martin Flea Spot On For Cats Review in Flea and Pest Treatments at Review Centre
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

border-rider

Re: Bob Martin "Spot on" Flea Treatment
« Reply #1 on: 22 July, 2009, 09:52:24 pm »
We use Frontline on our cats.  There's a dog version also.  The vets usually recommend it, and we've had no problems- and it seems very effective.  Nerry a flea between them in 11 years.

« Reply #2 on: 22 July, 2009, 10:39:34 pm »
You can also get Frontline fairly easily now, you don't have to go to the vets.  I bought Talisker's last lot at Sainsburys, from the in-store Pharmacy.  They had the dog version as well.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #3 on: 23 July, 2009, 10:37:27 am »
+1 for Frontline. Always used it on our cats.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

border-rider

« Reply #4 on: 23 July, 2009, 11:14:32 am »
You can also get Frontline fairly easily now, you don't have to go to the vets.  I bought Talisker's last lot at Sainsburys, from the in-store Pharmacy. 

We buy ours online.  It comes from Germany, I think.   Much, much cheaper.

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
« Reply #5 on: 25 July, 2009, 09:47:45 am »
We use frontline or Program for our dog and they both work very well. Not cheap, though.
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

« Reply #6 on: 26 July, 2009, 02:45:58 pm »
VetUK.co.uk have Frontline on offer at the moment.

I sometimes hang around on a cat forum, where opinion is that Bob Martin is supposedly rubbish.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #7 on: 30 July, 2009, 11:40:15 pm »
A 6-pack of large dog Frontline arrived this morning and after lunch I applied some to Morphy. I looked it up and this stuff gets absorbed through the dog's skin and then secreted through his oil glands. Within 24 hours he should be flea-free but during that transition, the fleas recoil away from his skin and can be seen on the outside of his fur.

I'm watching the little buggers crawling around on him now. It's very gratifying to think that they will all be dead in about 12 hours.

« Reply #8 on: 31 July, 2009, 03:25:03 am »
We use Frontline or alternatively Revolution applied to the skin on the back of the neck. It is especially good for Tick treatment which can give the Dog E-Canis. A disease which Vets call the silent death :o

Doxycline will help but doesn't cure it
"100% PURE FREAKING AWESOME"

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #9 on: 31 July, 2009, 01:39:13 pm »
You can also get Frontline fairly easily now, you don't have to go to the vets.  I bought Talisker's last lot at Sainsburys, from the in-store Pharmacy.  They had the dog version as well.

Ooh thanks for that TimO - we've used Frontline on Gorgeous George for nearly a decade, its excellent stuff but quite expensive!

It's normally a two person job to apply the liquid to him (one to wrap him in a tea towel whilst the other administers).Within 3 minutes he is running demented around the flat trying to ward off the evil phosphate.

« Reply #10 on: 01 August, 2009, 06:25:40 am »
Did  you misread the instructions??? :P

« Reply #11 on: 01 August, 2009, 06:38:15 am »
"I'm watching the little buggers crawling around on him now. It's very gratifying to think that they will all be dead in about 12 hours"

They'll  probably be looking for a new home. Stand well clear 'cos they may pay you a visit ;D

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #12 on: 01 August, 2009, 01:20:15 pm »
"I'm watching the little buggers crawling around on him now. It's very gratifying to think that they will all be dead in about 12 hours"

They'll  probably be looking for a new home. Stand well clear 'cos they may pay you a visit ;D

They were ready for intensive care and were incapable of jumping.. Those that I pulled off him I either crushed between my thumbnails or drowned.