Author Topic: Members' photos  (Read 507332 times)

Majorbloodnok

• its no good, we'll have to drink our way out of it
Re: Members' photos
« Reply #1150 on: 03 August, 2010, 02:07:15 pm »
Me at the weekend, in the pouring rain near Sty Head:

Next time, bring the correct kit;D

Yeah......

« Reply #1151 on: 05 August, 2010, 11:17:57 pm »
Warning: the photo below may not be suitable for viewing by those of a nervous disposition.... :)

Me on Saturday night, all dressed up for my BD BBQ

I wish I could have come to your BBQ now!

« Reply #1152 on: 06 August, 2010, 12:06:14 am »
Me, having just crossed Crib Goch in the rain at 5.30 am and descended the north ridge on wet rocks.  Hence the look of a man who has been clenching his buttocks for a couple of hours:

The north ridge in question...

I went on to complete the Welsh 3000's but due to the weather ended up a little outside the target 24 hours as I had to bivvy on Carnedd Llewelyn in the fog and dark.  Headtorch was brilliant, but just reflected off the fog so I had to wait to dawn to continue.

....and me on a BMX ("Chain's a bit non-existent")

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #1153 on: 06 August, 2010, 08:06:01 am »
Looks amazing (if a little moist...)  I've been wanting to do Crib Goch for years now!
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #1154 on: 06 August, 2010, 08:29:22 am »
I went on to complete the Welsh 3000's

Congrats! Sounds splendidly epic.

(Next time, easier to start/finish on Crib Goch and use Cwm Glas Bach to/from Nant Peris?)

« Reply #1155 on: 06 August, 2010, 08:35:04 am »
Looks amazing (if a little moist...)  I've been wanting to do Crib Goch for years now!

I remember doing it when I was at school, and I've always been a bit nervous about heights.  I only really completed it then because there were people in front and behind me, so I had to go on!  I don't think I'd do it again.

As I recall it wasn't really difficult at all, just what is referred to as a bit exposed, ie you edge around a rock with your feet on some convenient bits to support you, over a thousand foot drop if you put a foot wrong!

I've been up Snowdon several times since, but only via the easy paths.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #1156 on: 06 August, 2010, 05:41:09 pm »
I did Crib Goch and the Snowdon Horseshoe with my Dad when I was a wee lass. We were climbing a lot of Pyrenean 3000m'ers at that time, and dong routes like Longland's Climb on Cloggy so I remember it feeling rather easy. I'm sure that would not be the case nowadays.  ;D

« Reply #1157 on: 06 August, 2010, 05:44:30 pm »

More here: http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/mikes99mail/camping/  for those that like it damp!
Is that the Wasdale Head in the photo of Mrs Mike in the tent? Our family has spent many a happy non-Christmas Christmas in the self-catering flats there - brilliant fun walking up Gable on Christmas Day. :)

« Reply #1158 on: 07 August, 2010, 08:40:37 am »
doing routes like Longland's Climb on Cloggy

Admiration!

« Reply #1159 on: 07 August, 2010, 11:48:22 pm »
doing routes like Longland's Climb on Cloggy

Admiration!
Why, thank you! Do you know it? I remember finding it quite challenging, aged about 13.  :o

« Reply #1160 on: 08 August, 2010, 02:22:49 pm »

More here: http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a19/mikes99mail/camping/  for those that like it damp!
Is that the Wasdale Head in the photo of Mrs Mike in the tent? Our family has spent many a happy non-Christmas Christmas in the self-catering flats there - brilliant fun walking up Gable on Christmas Day. :)

good spot - certainly is!!   Niiiice beer but The Worst loos I've ever seen outside a couple of places we had to use in India.

« Reply #1161 on: 09 August, 2010, 06:24:04 am »
Do you know it?

Only from a safe distance! Way above my standard, which was about v. diff. on a good day.

Quisling's fine Crib Goch picture... more familiar with that. "The Threes" in 1964, 10.5 hours. And in 1988 with 15-year-old companion, 16 hours. Though neither used the nice North Ridge.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #1162 on: 12 August, 2010, 08:40:09 pm »
Stopped at a wee cafe for coffee and scone today while out for a blast on my road bike. I noticed the cafe had some antiques / odds and sods for sale, and I spotted this handsome chap for sale:

Cast iron, and very heavy.  I must admit I wimped out trying to cycle home with that stuffed in a jersey pocket, but picked it up in the car after I got home!   :thumbsup:

Looks like it's an old fashioned fireside companion, and if you lift his helmet you see his poker (oo-er missus). His helmet needs a bit of a polish too (ahem).

« Reply #1163 on: 12 August, 2010, 08:41:54 pm »
My Gran had one of those. :thumbsup:

« Reply #1164 on: 13 August, 2010, 08:21:43 pm »

This is the stuff of my nightmares. Sweet baby jeebus, people actually go up there voluntarily ???  ;D

« Reply #1165 on: 15 August, 2010, 10:19:49 pm »
From a great wee cyclying exhibition in Brittany

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
« Reply #1166 on: 15 August, 2010, 10:29:09 pm »
From a great wee cyclying exhibition in Brittany

Is there a forum member hidden somewhere?  ???

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #1167 on: 15 August, 2010, 11:08:29 pm »
Yes, it's "photos of members", not "some photos that members took"! Interesting photos, but worthy of a thread of their own.

And no, please do not start posting photos of your members.

« Reply #1168 on: 16 August, 2010, 06:21:48 pm »
simonp sporting his Mille Cymru top, taken and posted to twitter all without losing the draft.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1169 on: 16 August, 2010, 08:51:45 pm »
Carradice straps're a bit slack.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #1170 on: 16 August, 2010, 10:48:02 pm »

This is the stuff of my nightmares. Sweet baby jeebus, people actually go up there voluntarily ???  ;D

I did it in my mis-spent youth, with some nutters from Salford University mountaineering club........  at night.. :o

Better that way, you can't see the drop...

Breakfast was cooked on something they'd stolen from a road gang, who used it to keep tar liquid. Like doing a fry up on one of Concorde's afterburners...
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

plum

« Reply #1171 on: 20 August, 2010, 10:51:33 am »
Moi, en vacances, resting at the 'Rue du Ballet Bastard'. Interested to find the background of such a place name...

Maybe belongs in the captions thread - 'Wish I'd brought my tights'.

Rhys W

• I'm single, bilingual
    • Cardiff Ajax
« Reply #1172 on: 22 August, 2010, 05:05:53 pm »
I almost fell off my chair when I flicked through this week's Cycling Weekly. One of the photos they used to illustrate a story about the Dragon Ride is of me!

« Reply #1173 on: 22 August, 2010, 05:32:06 pm »
Thats you on Pg 44 with the Ajax top on  ;)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1174 on: 27 August, 2010, 05:49:20 pm »
A photo of me, ideal for recognition purposes:

Taken by my son this morning - his first time with a camera, and he shows a marked preference for still life!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.