Author Topic: Lance Armstrong Bio-Pic  (Read 1659 times)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
Lance Armstrong Bio-Pic
« on: 30 June, 2008, 11:03:41 pm »
Has anyone seen or heard anything of this project?

Wasn't Matt Damon rumoured to be playing the lead?

What news from Hollywood . . .

J
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Really Ancien

Re: Lance Armstrong Bio-Pic
« Reply #1 on: 01 July, 2008, 03:51:03 pm »
I can foresee a few problems in such a project, Lance was a fairly unsympathetic character. He was certainly an inspiration to those afflicted by disease, but he seemed always to be driven by antipathy. On the one occasion I can remember him making a conciliatory gesture, 'gifting' the Ventoux stage to Pantani, it blew up in his face. So we would have his tough upbringing with his single mother, the early career, the big C and then the tale of Lance fighting the accusations of the French Press, six times. Meanwhile, splitting up with the missus, taking up with Sheryl Crow then splitting up with Sheryl Crow.
The scriptwriter would also need to explain racing tactics and introduce a range of characters with bewildering names. I'd go for a buddy movie vibe with George Hincapie as the Sundance Kid to Lance's Butch Cassidy, and then conflate all the incidents from his TdF career into a single race.

Damon.

KidJambo

• Ex-sales manager for Michelin bicycle tyres
    • Michelin Tyres
« Reply #2 on: 01 July, 2008, 03:59:18 pm »
Meanwhile, splitting up with the missus, taking up with Sheryl Crow then splitting up with Sheryl Crow.....

....and then being photographed with Kate Hudson on a boat after she has split with his alleged best non-cycling mate Owen Wilson!

My wife buys OK! magazine religeously and it was just lying open on the page....
No longer responsible for bicycle tyres at Michelin - although I know the guy who is - but will stick around as I am a keen cyclist first and foremost...with a Michelin-biased understanding of tyres!

« Reply #3 on: 01 July, 2008, 04:16:15 pm »
Would never be popular, a movie about a man who breaks sporting records and sleeps with lots of glamorous women. Can't imagine anyone wanting to watch that, oh no.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Seineseeker

• Biting the cherry of existential delight
    • The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #4 on: 01 July, 2008, 05:19:04 pm »
I'm sure it would make a great movie, I mean think about the man, his story, the inspiration, oh thousands would love it. Through rose tinted spectacles the Lance story is pure Hollywood.

I wouldn't go near it though!!

KidJambo

• Ex-sales manager for Michelin bicycle tyres
    • Michelin Tyres
« Reply #5 on: 03 July, 2008, 08:11:33 am »
Could become the greatest cycling movie since "American Flyers"! :)
No longer responsible for bicycle tyres at Michelin - although I know the guy who is - but will stick around as I am a keen cyclist first and foremost...with a Michelin-biased understanding of tyres!

Zoidburg

« Reply #6 on: 03 July, 2008, 12:53:54 pm »
It could be a love story

With Matthew McConaughey playing himself...of course this is all rumour and we will now be sued ::-)

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #7 on: 03 July, 2008, 08:15:54 pm »

My wife buys OK! magazine religeously and it was just lying open on the page....

Sure, Kid! Whatever you say . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.