Author Topic: Justice  (Read 1868 times)

ian

Justice
« on: 03 July, 2008, 03:31:46 pm »
I've been annoyed by a couple of close overtakes over the last two days. Yesterday evening I was the giving the b0rked knees an outing and there were two particularly stupid examples. One guy passed me with centimetres to spare, not particularly quickly, but didn't just overtake, he essentially drifted into my path. Of course, he was on the phone and I don't even think he'd seen me. Another was the usual speed racer, simply taking a middle line down a traffic-calmed road in a 20-zone, but probably doing 40 plus.

So, this lunchtime, another one. I'm cycling down the middle of the road, there's an impatient car behind me, and there's a traffic-calming restriction coming up, so I'm staying right in the middle. A small gap opens up cars parked at the roadside the right, so idiot behind me accelerates hard and uses the gap to just squeeze by me, forcing me to brake really hard avoid hitting him as he swings back in to get through the restriction.

And then, bless, there's a siren behind me. It's the police.

All very satisfying watching them pull him over. Admittedly, I'd have preferred his summary execution, but I'll settle for the £60 penalty notice and 3 points on his licence.

Julian

• samoture
Re: Justice
« Reply #1 on: 03 July, 2008, 03:33:08 pm »
How satisfying.  :)

« Reply #2 on: 03 July, 2008, 05:41:04 pm »
 :)

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of Númenor
« Reply #3 on: 03 July, 2008, 05:42:12 pm »
Brilliant.

Wish I'd been there.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #4 on: 03 July, 2008, 05:45:22 pm »
Am I wrong to be jealous?  ;D

Fi

« Reply #5 on: 03 July, 2008, 05:50:05 pm »
Someone did something similar to me in one of those little vans florists use.  As he dived in to stay on the right side of the bollard, he bounced his front offside wheel over the concrete base of the bollard, skidded up the pavement the other side of the road and nearly tipped the vehicle over.  There was one hell of a bang and he certainly damaged something.  He looked very sheepish indeed as I rode by him.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #6 on: 03 July, 2008, 07:29:31 pm »
If only the Police were there more often when this sort of thing happens.  Or bothered to do anything when they are there... ::-)
Getting there...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #7 on: 03 July, 2008, 08:05:08 pm »

Zoidburg

« Reply #8 on: 03 July, 2008, 08:33:25 pm »
Last time I was knocked off by a lady who pulled out with out looking I picked myself up from the road to see a police car right behind

Busted :demon:

redshift

• High Priestess of wires
    • redshift home
« Reply #9 on: 04 July, 2008, 02:22:26 pm »
Similar thing happened once on my way home from work.  I was on the trike, which normally elicits a wide berth from car drivers as they pass.  On this occasion, it was both dark and foggy - really foggy.  Whilst travelling downhill and around a righthand bend, an impatient driver decided to floor it to get past me, only to discover that there's a pedestrian refuge just around the bend.  In the fog, he only just managed to stand on the brakes in time, as I pootled merrily past. 

I know it was a BMW, because it had those 'barrel-shaped' red LED rear light clusters. 
L
:)
Windcheetah No. 176
The all-round entertainer gets quite arsey,
They won't translate his lame shit into Farsi
Somehow to let it go would be more classy…